Question

Can't send message with iD - code 0

• 17 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Unable to send sms text to some numbers. UK to UK.

Get an error:

Can't send message with iD - code 0. Tried with and without WiFi connection.

OK to / from wife also on iD.

Samsung Galaxy S22.

My wife is having same problem on her phone.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Had other parties send text to us first and was then able to reply.

Very strange.

Tried with both Samsung and Google SMS apps and with chat features disabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @gruntfutuk,

Are they numbers that you have messaged before?

Could you please try deleting the chat history for one of the messages and trying a new message and see if that works?

Could you also try inserting the SIM in a different handset and sending the text?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi, as I indicated, once the other parties sent an sms to me I was able to send to them. One of the parties was a new number,  others were not.

Thus, I cannot now reproduce the problem so clearing chat history (where applicable) and moving sim to another device will not help.

The only other device I have to hand, my wife's, also had the same problem.In fact, she couldn't send me an sms. She is also on iD and uses a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@gruntfutuk,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@gruntfutuk,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Thank you for following up and for private message (which, oddly, I cannot reply to).

Can’t reproduce the problem now as had, as my update comment advised, other parties initiate new sms text exchanges and was then able to reply, didn’t collect key data when this first occurred for myself or for my wife, don’t have permission to share the numbers.

Advised this to ID Mobile on twitter as well, where I first reached out for support.

Let’s close this now and I shall track more carefully if it occurs for either of us again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@gruntfutuk,

I have followed you now so you should be able to reply.

No worries, you can get back to us here or via PM if you would like us to look into it.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?