Question

Can't Send text on my Samsung Note 9

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

So this may be an old topic but there does not seem a clear answer to this.

I am trying to send a text “Hello World” to check that text are working from my mobile phone using the message app that comes with the phone. This app supports both text messages and mms.

But the network refuses to send the message as I get “MMS not supported”. 

There are no special images with this message so it should be treated as a normal text message not “MMS”

I did not have this problem when I was with THREE who is effectively the same network

Do I now need to use a different app or how to I change settings to resolve this. I do not want to send MMS messages just text messages or at least the same functionality I had with THREE

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a Network Reset on your Galaxy Note 9 @bluejag?

While iD Mobile and Three use the same mobile network infrastructure, the actual services available on each operators network depends on the information stored in the given network’s SIM card. 

Good luck @bluejag

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @bluejag 

If the SMS is only containing the words “Hello World” and no images, GIFs are attachments like this should be okay go to via SMS.

Have you tried sending a different text to a different number to see if that works?

It could also be worth trying the above suggestion by @andewhite and resetting the network settings to make sure.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?