Question

Can't send texts tho I can receive them and voice calls are fine.

• 12 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought a cheap SIM for my son to use walking to school. It had some data and unlimited calls and texts.  It’s been a couple of months without using it but he started today.  He can make and receive calls and can receive texts, but not send texts - it just says Failed, with no explanation.

I think I need to check the status of the SIM card - if it needs a topup or similar, but I can’t find a way to ask iD about this. 

Any wise words gratefully received.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try calling 7777 using your son’s phone with the iD SIM. You should be able to top-up using this automated telephone service.

Good luck @RCJ

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  I’ve tried that and it leads me to a choice of 2 other problems:

1. download the app - when I go to the app store on the relevant phone, the app is not listed (although it is if I go in on my own phone),
  2. go to the website and myiD - the only way if offer, to get in, is by my email; but if I use that it takes me to the account for my own phone and does not give access to the kid’s phone.
Userlevel 1

Thanks.  I tried this.  It told me to top-up either

via the app (which I can’t download onto this phone because it is not visible in play store, even though I can find it in the play store when I use my own phone), or

to go online to MyiD - but when I try that it only gives info about my own phone and I can’t do anything relating to the other one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RCJ 

Are you still having this issue?

Are you able to try the SIM in another device? It’s possible a setting on the device is stopping the texts.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks.  I tried this.  It told me to top-up either

via the app (which I can’t download onto this phone because it is not visible in play store, even though I can find it in the play store when I use my own phone), or

to go online to MyiD - but when I try that it only gives info about my own phone and I can’t do anything relating to the other one. 

Okay @RCJ, sounds like you need to register the iD plan your son is using, in order to access My iD online for your son’s plan.

There’s a limitation with iD Mobile, which is they only allow ONE plan per My iD online account.

Why iD Mobile?