Question

Can't top up or buy a bundle via the website

• 25 October 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently trying to buy a £20 bundle but it just keeps redirecting me to my account home page and telling me an error has occurred.

I don’t have a card registered but even clicking “add a card” does the same thing.

Is there a problem with the website at the mo?

This topic has been closed for comments

31 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried calling 7777 from your iD handset @Gozzeh?

You can top up using the automated phone service.

Good luck @Gozzeh.  

Userlevel 1

Yes unfortunately I can’t do that … I sent my son off with the SIM this morning hoping I could do all this online (like usual).

Very frustrating ...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably just a glitch with iD’s billing & account systems - they seem to happen fairly frequently, judging by posts to this community.

Anyway, good luck @Gozzeh

Userlevel 1

chatting with the online help I have tried it from the app from a different device … and it lets me put in the card then displays an error.

Joy.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, okay @Gozzeh. Hopefully the online iD agent can get your payment issue sorted.
🤞 

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  Its ben bumped up to tech support now … hopefully they’ll be useful ...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck @Gozzeh.

In my time at iD I’ve had several issues escalated to tech support. None have been solved despite months of investigations. 

iD Mobile are wonderful when everything works but, it’s a nightmare trying to get anything fixed.

Is your PAYG account usable given you can’t top-up or buy a bundle?

Userlevel 1

I have some credit …but its stupidly expensive to do anything with the account without a bundle ...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can you setup a recurring bundle?
Your PAYG contract would then be effectively like having a pay monthly plan.

Userlevel 1

no I can’t .. that would require adding a card … and when I try and do that, by buying a bundle, topping up or explicitly adding a card, I get the same error ...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You get an error in the iD app, and the My iD online?

This might be irrelevant and I don’t know when you last topped-up but, I was recently told by iD they changed one of their backend systems for managing iD accounts, and this had resulted in some issues for some customers.

Maybe one of the helpful online chat agents could add your card details to your iD account - I think the iD agents have a different interface to customer accounts.

Userlevel 1

Yup online and in the app :/

I can try an online agent .. the last one was helpful but didn’t suggest that … they were the one that gave me a tech support ticket ...

Userlevel 1

Tried an online agent apparently they cannot add any payment details to the account ...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s not helpful from iD @Gozzeh.
I’ve found the consistency of support by online chat is variable - maybe the agent didn't know how to do this?

You could try seeking assistance from the iD social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM). I hope they can assist with a payment for your iD account.

Otherwise, you’ve got a useless iD account because iD’s online systems won’t allow you to make an account payment.

Is it time to get a PAC and switch to another network provider?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Gozzeh,

Did you hear back from the TechTeam after and resolve or did you still need support?

We can check for you if needed to find out what’s happened here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I was informed this morning it had been fixed.  It had not been fixed.

I have been getting relatively useful support form the guys on facebook, though.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s strange how iD struggle to fix (apparently) simple issues with billing and iD accounts.

I’ve been waiting 15+ months for iD to sort out an issue with my ‘old’ iD account.
🤔

Userlevel 1

I mean wow … its now nearly 2 weeks since i reported the problem.  And now they say its my bank thats at fault.

Strangely though … If i do it through the website it redirects me to an error straight away and never asks me to enter card details.

If i try with the app it doesn’t matter what card i use from 3 different banks and 3 different credit card companies … so i’m pretty definite its not hte bank 😡

*sigh*

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I mean wow … its now nearly 2 weeks since i reported the problem.  And now they say its my bank thats at fault.

Strangely though … If i do it through the website it redirects me to an error straight away and never asks me to enter card details.

If i try with the app it doesn’t matter what card i use from 3 different banks and 3 different credit card companies … so i’m pretty definite its not hte bank 😡

*sigh*

Have you double-checked the name & address details in your My iD Account match those of your various bank accounts?

If the address or name is different the payment will fail - anyway, good luck @Gozzeh

Userlevel 1

*sigh*

Have you double-checked the name & address details in your My iD Account match those of your various bank accounts?

If the address or name is different the payment will fail - anyway, good luck @Gozzeh

Yeah I’ve checked it … but on the main website .. i cant even enter my card details …

I’m beginning to be convinced its because i lost my sim and got sent a replacement.  I bought a bundle shortly before losing the SIM and once i activated the new sim it all worked fine … but about 3 weeks after that bundle ran out I was trying to buy another bundle … and I couldn’t … the 2 must be connected surely …? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t know @Gozzeh - only iD Mobile staff can look at your iD account.

I’d suggest contacting the iD social media customer support team for assistance, on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gozzeh,

Did you manage to get assistance with this or would you still like some help?

Please let us know here and we can help you out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

A total of 29 days after first reporting this problem and much hassling of the poor people on facebook the “back office team” have now fixed this problem.  I have asked whether they can give me any information on what went wrong.

Userlevel 1

Apparently … this was due to  difference in my post code between the front end and back end servers causing payments to try and use the wrong post code.

Really unsure as to why this was preventing me even entering card details on the front end though.

However in case its useful to someone else, this is what I was told. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gozzeh,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

We are sorry for the time it took to resolve but happy to hear that it’s sorted for you.

If you require any assistance in the future, please feel free to get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?