Question

Can't use my SIM in EU

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’ve switched to ID Mobile almost a year ago and since then visited Lithuania and France a few times. My SIM didn’t work, no calls, no messages, no data. Once, my SIM worked immediately after landing in France but for 30min max. I have another upcoming trip so am trying to solve this problem beforehand.

I have an android phone, the roaming is switched on, I also tried manually selecting the network provider but with no luck, obviously, restarting the phone too.

I have a Pay Monthly plan with 15GB of data and unlimited calls and messages.

Please help!

Thanks,

Katya

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @katyaidcard,

France and Lithuania are included in the Band 1 list of the 50 countries where inclusive roaming is allowed with an iD SIM, provided you aren’t away from the UK for longer than 4 months.

The iD Mobile roaming partners in France are: Orange, Free Mobile and BYTEL or BOUYGTEL.

The iD Mobile roaming partner in Lithuania is: Tele2.

Try turning off your phone for 10 minutes.
When you turn it on again, try manually selecting the network - anyway good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @katyaidcard, did you get this sorted in the end? You say roaming is enabled on the phone, but is it also enabled in your iD Mobile account? You can check this in the iD Mobile app.

I’d recommend giving this article a read.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?