Question

Cancel my plan

• 21 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have just recieved the sim and found it has poor signal at home. I tried to use the live chat to cancel it, but it says “I'm sorry, but there are no agents available at this time to handle your request. Please try again later.” I have tried yesterday and today during their working hours, and got the same message. I have also downloaded and registered the app just for cancelling, but cannot find anywhere to cancel. How can I cancel it? Many thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

I just found that I will be charged £17.89 to cancel the plan although I did not use any data, text or call and cancel within 14 days!!! Still cannot find a real person to speak with. Terrrible signal and service!

The same thing happened with me Despite not using any data, text, or calls and cancelling within 14 days, I've discovered I'll be charged £17.89 for ending the plan. To make matters worse, I can't even get in touch with an actual representative. The signal and service have been appalling!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mengjie Shen,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear this and we can advise further.

Have you tried to cancel your plan by requesting a 30 day disconnection?

If you are within the return period we would need to process the return for you and the final bill would be generated after 24 hours.

If you haven’t been able to get in touch with the team, please let us know here and we can PM you.

Kash

Thanks for your reply! I have ported out on 22 Sep but still get charged 10 pound. Can you check why I got charged even when cancel within 14 days and did not use any data, minute and text?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for your reply! I have ported out on 22 Sep but still get charged 10 pound. Can you check why I got charged even when cancel within 14 days and did not use any data, minute and text?

This is probably because iD charge line rental from the date your iD SIM card is dispatched @Mengjie Shen - iD send all new SIM cards already activated, and ready to use.

Whether or not the SIM is used, it’s connected to their network, so incurs line rental.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mengjie Shen 

The above from @andewhite would be correct, the SIM card is active from dispatch, charges start upon activation of the SIM card, when processing a return you’ll be charged for the time spent on the contract, nothing more.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?