cancel stac code

Userlevel 1

Hi, I requested a STAC code instead of a PAC code from my old network. I would like to cancel and keep my old number but on idmobile network 

markdarlo2003 8 months ago

Thanks guys. I've turned off pop up blocker and I've managed to get thru to a live agent who has sorted it. Many thanks 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 1

I already gave id mobile the stac code 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It might take several days to sort this out using this forum @markdarlo2003

For issues needing immediate assistance, it’s better to use the iD online live chat service. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

The post from @Qball101 in the following topic, explains what they did in this situation @markdarlo2003.

Userlevel 1

Everytime I click on live chat it doesn't load and logs me out

Userlevel 4
Badge

Try a different browser, and turn off any pop up blocker.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Everytime I click on live chat it doesn't load and logs me out

Hey @markdarlo2003, if you’re using Safari on iOS or iPadOS, it seems that iD live chat only works from a Private window.
🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks guys. I've turned off pop up blocker and I've managed to get thru to a live agent who has sorted it. Many thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good to hear iD cancelled your STAC submission.
Usually your old provider’s STAC has to expire before you can get a PAC - perhaps your old provider can replace your STAC with a PAC?
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear that @markdarlo2003,

For future reference, STAC codes allow you to switch and cancel when not keeping the number, whereas PAC codes allow you to switch and keep the number.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Yes I know. Idmobile said they cancelled it but I've been on my giffgaff account and the number has gone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes I know. Idmobile said they cancelled it but I've been on my giffgaff account and the number has gone.

Perhaps, giffgaff have implemented recent changes in the OFCOM’s rules (for EECC), to now allow customers to get a PAC code up to 60-days after being disconnected. 

What do giffgaff say about this? 
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @markdarlo2003 

If we’ve stopped the STAC processing on our side it shouldn’t have cancelled the plan on the giffgaff side and that number/account should still be active.

I’d recommend double checking with them what cancelled the account on the giffgaff side.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?