Question

Cancel three sims recently purchased and activated (within this last week) please.

• 26 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I would like to cancel the three sim-only contracts we have just received please. Your website is hard to navigate as you have no contact us page nor access to live operators outside normal working hours which isn’t ‘very current’ and I appear to go in circles. The live chat does not work on either an iphone,ipad, or macbook (as tried over two days) so I expect you’re overwhelmed with enquiries.
Through reading historic reviews of your services I'm not willing to endure the stress of not being able to speak immediately with an operator as you can on the other networks available. The frustration of being redirected to the community page unfortunately isn't a prompt solution to any issues we may face in the future, so I do not wish to be tied to a 24month contract on three seperate lines I'm afraid.

My reason for needing to make contact with you is that the 4G coverage is too poor in my area, so on my 55 mile commute it’s frustrating trying to access the internet where I make use of my time as a passenger. Web pages take far too long to load unfortunately and they crash before completing so it makes it difficult to make progress. I have to refresh continuously to reload pages so my lust for trying evaporates.
I had checked your coverage status and it appeared I would enjoy good connection speeds but this simply isn’t the case in reality.
During the same journey we have used the same device connected with EE 4G and the connections were seamless and uninterrupted throughout.
I appreciate the lack of immediate and available operators has a direct relationship to your competetive pricing (your deals are priced brilliantly), but I'm happy to pay more for a stress-free service. I honestly rely on the internet ‘on the move’ to keep on top of work admin, so unfortunately your network roaming service isn’t suitable for my needs.

Please take this email as notice of termination request for all three sims I ordered via your uk website. I have used the app to request a PAC code so all numbers can be ported to our new provider which should take place this coming Monday (three days away).
I'd be grateful if you could advise receipt of my request as being well within the timescales of your cancellation terms and conditions (30 days for on-line purchases via your uk web site), and on what date the numbers will cease to work.
The app incorrectly states I will have an outstanding line rental of £398.10 on all three sims in order to cancel. As stated this is not the case as the cooling off period is 30 days when purchased via your website or 14 days otherwise. (It hasn't even been a full week since I joined id mobile.)

In response to a PM I shall provide phone numbers and details etc..

Please forward the invoice for the week/days of use (pro rata I expect) for all three of my numbers to me, and ensure the 24month advance line rental oweing is corrected on my accounts and removed as per the terms & conditions of my contracts with you.

An email address that doesn’t bounce emails back, and a direct phone line to an operator would be encourageble. This can easily be seen by trawling through the plethora of similar posts from other customers declaring the same.

Kind regards.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Edit: mobile numbers removed from public view.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

To cancel your accounts you will need to speak to iD Mobile via live chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Yeah thanks, I don’t use facebook or twitter so can’t, and I’ve been trying on live chat for two days.

Nightmare. Good job my line isn’t down as I’d have given up hope, cancelled my direct debit, and gone somewhere else already.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Cancelling your direct debit doesn't close your account and you will just end up with a debt and a trashed credit rating. I just tried live chat and it works for me. 🤷

I’m guessing you’re on a windows device? I just get redirected to this community page over and over again.

Frustrating to say the least.

*******For any future reference to those experiencing the same when wanting to cancel, I called 7777 and entered my customer pin when prompted, but had to do this at least three times as the request kept repeating itself, to get out of the automated options message I pressed #0000 and then I got transferred to a real living person who was quite helpful though couldn’t resolve my issue.

He advised he couldn’t cancel the contract as I needed to try live chat ffs. Live chat doesn’t work when using safari or firefox, and on neither an iMac,iPad,Macbook,or iphone. I’ve been talked through the simplicity of searching for the live chat but the function doesn’t work. He guessed I need an android device which we don’t have in the house.

The world still turns and this isn’t the most infuriating thing I’ve endured, but wow, what a pos this network is. Why they don’t have a standard email/telephone number, or even a permanent ‘contact us/live chat’ button that is embedded on the home page just indicates they’d prefer for us to resolve issues ourselves and they want to save on staffing costs.

FYI: iD are willing to let me cancel via the phone app if I pay the line rental in advance for the 24month contract on all three sim cards that were activated last weekend 🤣. I signed up six days ago and have been trying to cancel for three of these days. This caveat is in breach of their own 30 days contract so my direct debit has been cancelled, and the sim cards removed.

Amazing tarrifs, but buy cheap, buy twice.

Shame the 4G coverage isn’t better, but pleased I’m within my cancellation period whilst enduring this inconvenience.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I use both Windows and Mac. Also works on my Android phone (Samsung S21 Ultra). No idea why some people seem to have an issue accessing live chat, but maybe try and log out of your iD Mobile accounts (including this community one)? Don't use a VPN, and make sure you disable any ad blocker.

https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

As you can see, works for me.

If you have no joy then stick around and someone from iD Mobile will respond to your post eventually, will just take a few days.

Cheers Paul, we don’t use a VPN or an adblocker, just the standard settings on the browser. It’s maybe something my provider has set that’s causing the issue. Either way I can’t access the single method iD provide for speaking to the cancellation team.

I’ve logged out, restarted the computer too. Same issue.

All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lettucenibbler 

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with our Live Chat service, the alternative option here would be to contact us on Facebook or Twitter, but as you’ve stated you don’t use those, as we’re an online only support company we don’t have any active phone lines for this.

Please let us know if you’re still unable to contact us and we’ll get in contact on here in private messages so we can get the contracts cancelled properly as cancelling a direct debit will not cancel the contract, only the payments you make to them.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?