Question

Canceling contract advice

• 18 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I ordered a 24 month contract unlimited everything for £16 a month switching from Giffgaff. I've had my contract for only 5 weeks however I've been suffering from an excessively poor connection I've already posted a topic about, at some points H+ connection, in the evening audio messages take ages to send, audio messages more than 2 minutes fail to send and my final decision to want to cancel my contract was that I had a Whatsapp video call  and received a screenshot of what a pixelated picture they were seeing and I used to get a better picture on MSN messenger 15 years ago.

The reason I held on was because in the previous topic when I checked the three coverage network issues, I thought that this would be temporary and that it would be fixed however it's not been the case 

Now, because I want to cancel my contract it says I would have to pay the full £381.26 which under normal circumstances I understand however my sole reason for cancellation is that I'm not receiving the service that I believed I would be getting. My sim only contract states that it's 5G ready, Three states I'm in a prime 5G location, I didn't sign a contract for a 3G H+ contract, iD mobile are not providing the service I signed for!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @jammerveli,

Did you buy your handset from iD?

Is your handset on the iD 5G supported devices list?

Is the network reception terrible everywhere you use the handset or just certain locations?

Have you made an official complaint to iD about the network reception / problems you’re experiencing?

Have you put your postcode into following network status checker page:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

I bought a 24 month sim only contract. I discovered the network status checker when I posted my first topic and it says 'We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area' It's said this 3 weeks and the 'issues' have been the entire 5 weeks weeks I've had my contract and to me it's clear that Three are not fixing this issue and in another 3 or 5 weeks or months I'll have the same issues they're not fixing.

I only have the internet on my phone, I don't have home broadband or anything so when I'm getting these H+ speeds or when it might say 4G but my messages have a timer (hold) symbol and are failing to send even sometimes for more than 10 minutes it's beginning to really affect me.

How do I make an official complaint to iD mobile?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jammerveli, in the PDF copy of your iD billing invoice it states:

If you're unhappy with an iD product or service and want to make a complaint, please let us know and we will do everything we can to put things right. Visit our complaints procedure and complaints code of practice here www.idmobile.co.uk/complain

I’d suggest using the Live Chat service 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends.

Connecting within these times and typing “talk to a person” will get you through to an iD agent, avoiding the 24/7 bot. 

You can also lodge a complaint using iD Mobile’s social media channels:

1. Facebook
  2. twitter

I believe there are iD agents available on both platforms 9am - 5pm most days.

Otherwise, continue waiting for iD to respond here and deal with your issue by private messages in this forum.

Anyway, good luck.

can anyone analyse this speed test data with the upload, download, ping, jitter and tell me what it all means

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jammerveli, don’t put too much faith in speed-test results as you’ll invariably get a different result each time you test, because it depends on your mobile data connection, which can be affected by many things including:

• Your phone - the ability of any given handset to pick-up a mobile signal varies depending on their design and the antennas in them. If you live in an area with poor coverage, the choice of mobile phone could affect your coverage.

• The type of building materials if you’re indoors (e.g. thick walls, metal window frames, ceilings, pillars, or being in a basement room).

• Signals can be blocked if the property is in the ‘shadow’ of a hill or large building and are also affected by prevailing weather conditions.

• Your distance from the nearest mast.

• The number of cell users connecting to the same network in your area. 

• The speed-test host selected at the time you run the test.

Current consumer contract regulations give you the right to cancel your contract without charge within the first 14 calendar days of signing-up. Some operators provide additional guarantees beyond the first 14 days – best to check before you buy. 

Good luck!

Why iD Mobile?