Cancellation Fee

As Live Chat doesn’t help, Can anyone help me. I am looking at a Monthly contract before Fibre is installed. IF I leave after,  say 6 weeks, I assume I will pay for 2 full months. This I understand. But will there be any other fees?

Tks in antic

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Depends on the minimum term duration you agree to. Just get a Pay Go sim and save yourself the hassle.

It would be a monthly deal so minimum term is 1 month. Or am I wrong there?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile has 1, 12 and 24 month plans. I have no idea which plan you’re looking at. You’d have to give 30 days notice to cancel, so you’d have to give notice at the end of month one and by then you’d pay two months minimum.

Am thinking of 1 month Unlimited for £18/month. So cancelling after 6 weeks would be £36 which I can cope with. Just wanted to make sure that there wouldn’t be any additional charges.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you give notice to cancel at the six week marker, you will pay more than £36. It would be somewhere around the £45 mark. Six weeks plus thirty day notice period. 

Is that because they work in calendar months despite when joining?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Order a pay go sim with unlimited data, and you won’t have to worry about unexpected bills. You won’t have to give 30 days notice, and your credit report won't take a hit as a result of the hard search iD Mobile will perform.

At the end of the day, nobody can tell you to the pound and pence what your future bills will be. 

The following article will be helpful in explaining on id Mobile billing works:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/understanding-my-bill

Maybe look at SMARTY? They use THREE just like iD Mobile to provide a service. They often have unlimited data SIMs for £16 a month on pay go. 

iD Pay As You Go SIM

Data: UNLIMITEDMinutes: UnlimitedTexts: Unlimited

Pay today:

£20.00

So how does this work in practice. I would be using up to 10 GB daily.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So how does this work in practice.

I don’t understand? You put the SIM in your device and just use it. It’s no different to Pay Monthly only you pay for the plan upfront.

Sorry for sounding a bit thick. Will have to work out just how much data I use per day and then I can decide which PayGo plan to go for. 

Cheers

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you're using it as a replacement for home broadband (not recommended), then you definitely want to go with unlimited. While there are no caps on the amount of data you can use with said plan, THREE have been known to throttle connections that take the p***. At 10GB a day, you should be fine!

It will be for home broadband but hopefully only about 6 weeks😢. Will have to take it easy. 

Why iD Mobile?