Question

Cancellation within 14 day window when number has been ported in

• 24 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Can anyone confirm the cancellation process for someone that has already ported their number in from another network, if I am in the 14 day window?

I am speaking to someone on live chat to arrange a return and some of the comments I’ve received make absolutely no sense - it’s like they have no idea what they’re talking about!

For example,

Thank you for providing your mobile number. Could you kindly confirm with a "yes" or "no", if you know your customer service pin?

Please refrain from submitting the PIN on this chat without the supported form.
No
Thank you for sharing can you please try and reset the password so that I can give you a new code. With regards to your bank you will have to go to the bank and enquire with them as who have hacked your account because this verification code its for your iD app and not for your banks.

‘hacked your account’!?? What are they smoking over there in ID HQ!? No one has hacked my account, the person seems very confused.

When I asked what happens to my number and how do I port it to another sim card before the cancellation is complete (and presumably my number is lost):

Please be advised that once the return is processed you don't have to change to any sim card because you old services will go back automatically there's no need to do any transfer of numbers.

How can ‘you old services will go back automatically’. I ported in from another network and the SIM is dead, so this isn’t possible!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lukasmaximusaurelius,

If you are returning the contract within 14 days after porting your number you can still keep your number.

When you return the order your account would convert to pay as you go and we can then provide you with a PAC code.

Would you like assistance with the return here or did the Live Chat manage to help you with the return.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?