Question

cancelled but still being billed

• 18 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi.

I cancelled my contract on 12th Feb 2022 but was billed for the period 13th Feb - 9th March. A direct debit payment was taken from my account.

It seems that this is a common problem with ID mobile from the number of related posted on this forum.

Can you arrange to reverse the payment taken please

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @KenBar,

Basically you’ve got to give at least 30-days notice of a contract cancellation.

The “How do I cancel my iD Mobile Contract?” community article has all the details.

Good luck.

@andewhite you're right for a pay monthly contract but on a 1 month sin only plan the contract ends at the end on the month period. The SIM is terminated at that point. My account says I've terminated the contract. There should be no draw on my direct debit after the SIM is terminated. I'm waiting for ID Mobile to respond as I tried many times to start a chat with them and they're always too busy

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @KenBar, I believe 30-day notice still applies, even to one-month rolling contracts.

Perhaps the best way to cancel a one-month rolling contract is via a PAC or STAC - the contract ends when the PAC or STAC is used.

Anyway, at the moment the iD personnel looking at posts in this community are about one week behind.

You might find it quicker to PM iD Mobile on facebook or twitter, and if you PM between 9am - 6pm, you should get a real person - good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @KenBar, @andewhite is correct in that we still require 30 days’ notice for SIM-only plans. Did you manage to get this sorted via Live Chat or social media?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?