Question

cancelling 12 month contract due to poor service

• 20 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, has anyone had any luck trying to cancel their contract. Since I joined 4 months ago I constantly can’t make calls to landline number - I get a “you are outside your call allowance” message despite having unlimited calls/text. Sporadically happens with mobiles too or cuts out once connected.

Today I couldn’t even send text messages! 

The service is faulty so I’d like to leave without being charged for the rest of the contract time.

Anyone successfully done this? 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @K40 

Is your bill cap at £0?

It sounds like you’re restricted from sending MMS and calls that may be charged extra are being blocked due to the bill cap.

Tom

@Tom no it’s Russian roulette. Sometimes I can make calls and then other times I can’t. 

Same with messages but it seems to consistently bounce back, if I try to send a picture message or share a contact info, or respond with a emoji. That just won’t deliver.

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @K40 

Do you get this issue with all landline numbers you call?

What about normal mobile numbers?

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the iD Mobile total metering and billing system (TMBS) might be flaky when monitoring an unlimited everything SIM plan, @K40

It might even be non-compliant with the standards specified by OFCOM for TMBS, when it’s used to monitor unlimited everything allowances.

It’s not the coverage that’s the problem as calls connect and then disconnect you sporadically through the conversation.

Last time I “spoke” to the service team I just kept being sent to a web page about being outside of call allowances. I have an unlimited plan and was just trying to call included numbers. I gave up but got a copy of the transcript. Plus the messages on here from others experience the same issues of being cut off of phone calls. When calling landline numbers yesterday, I get an announcement to say it’s outside of my call allowance. 

I couldn’t send text messages or picture messages today.

so it’s not a coverage issue. It feels like it’s an ID admin fault?! But yes, I’ll be making a complaint through the internal process first.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I doubt it’s possible, @K40. Unfortunately, the UK mobile networks don’t guarantee reception in any given location, nor that an existing signal won’t be faulty from time-to-time, nor even that coverage will be maintained as is during your minimum term. 

Perhaps that’s why your contract came with a cooling off period - have you lodged an official complaint, @K40?

Seems like we can complain to the communication ombudsman, once we’ve been through ID’s in house complaint procedure. 

I'm thinking we have a right to cancel under the supply of goods and services act 1982 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Anyone successfully done this? 

Nope!

Why iD Mobile?