Question

Cancelling PAC code

• 2 December 2023
  • 2 replies

URGENT

I was with 3 before, then signed up for a two year plan through Carphone Warehouse for a new phone (iPhone 14) and a new data plan with iD Mobile. I then transferred my old phone number to iD Mobile. I then found out that iD Mobile does not support e-sims and iPhone 14s can only use e-sims, so it was no longer practical for me to continue with this contract (not sure why this package exists in the first place if that is the case). A few days later I then returned the phone back to Carphone Warehouse (within the 14 days of me initially receiving it). I thought in order to leave iD Mobile, I’d have to generate a PAC code with iD Mobile and use that to keep my phone number with a new mobile service provider. I just got off the phone with a customer agent at Carphone Warehouse who said if I do things that way I will still be liable to pay out the whole contract (approx. £800). She then mentioned that the contract with iD Mobile would have been cancelled automatically 3-5 business days after the phone was received back at the warehouse, I had nothing to do on my end and I would not be liable to pay that big sum of money. How do I now cancel this newly generated PAC code?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @arunj24 

You won’t need to cancel a PAC code, just don’t use it. If you have already given it to your new provider, you’ll need to contact them to cancel the port in.

Once the return is fully complete with the warehouse, the PAC code to take the number (without paying the full termination fee) will be issued.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

URGENT

I was with 3 before, then signed up for a two year plan through Carphone Warehouse for a new phone (iPhone 14) and a new data plan with iD Mobile. I then transferred my old phone number to iD Mobile. I then found out that iD Mobile does not support e-sims and iPhone 14s can only use e-sims, so it was no longer practical for me to continue with this contract (not sure why this package exists in the first place if that is the case). A few days later I then returned the phone back to Carphone Warehouse (within the 14 days of me initially receiving it). I thought in order to leave iD Mobile, I’d have to generate a PAC code with iD Mobile and use that to keep my phone number with a new mobile service provider. I just got off the phone with a customer agent at Carphone Warehouse who said if I do things that way I will still be liable to pay out the whole contract (approx. £800). She then mentioned that the contract with iD Mobile would have been cancelled automatically 3-5 business days after the phone was received back at the warehouse, I had nothing to do on my end and I would not be liable to pay that big sum of money. How do I now cancel this newly generated PAC code?

Hey @arunj24, the UK version of the iPhone 14 is a dual SIM device, which takes has a nano-SIM slot, and has an eSIM ‘onboard’.

Why iD Mobile?