Solved

Cancelling within 14 days

• 29 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I would like to cancel my contract please. I took out a new contract on 19/07/23 and have tried to persist with sketchy network coverage. Even swapping my SIM which worked for about three hours but then lost signal again. This is not acceptable and I need to use my phone for work.

I am within my 14 days and have attended the Currys store I purchased it from but they said that because I have opened the box and used the device I have to contact ID direct. This makes no sense because how do you know that it's not working unless you switch the thing on. It even says that if purchased from Currys you can return it to them, but they are saying I need to go to ID as they can't process it as the box was opened !!??

Can someone please message me so that I can start the cancellation process within the 14 days as specified in your terms and conditions.

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kash 30 July 2023, 13:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

They be telling you lies…

https://www.currys.co.uk/services/changed-mind-instore.html

Changed your mind?

If you purchased online, you can return your item within 30 days even if you have opened it for inspection. It must be returned as new and where possible, in its original packaging.

If you purchased in store, you can return your item within 30 days in its unopened and sealed packaging along with proof of purchase (excludes connected products with airtime, such as a mobile phone, sim contract or broadband connection*).

*Returns policies for connected products differ by network. You can change or cancel your contract with ID within 14 days of purchase. You are not able to change or cancel your contract with Vodafone.

Go back to the store and tell them to read their own Returns, refunds & exchanges policy! In fact, visit the link I supplied in this post and print it off and hand it to the individual whom is either untrained or straight out lying to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jason Tennant,

Welcome to the Community!

If you purchased from Curry’s store directly you have 14 days to return your order.

The Curry’s store can only process the return as it was sold by them.

If you are still having issues with the return, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Finally after some arguing did I manage to get my account cancelled. 

Went into the Currys store where I purchased the contract. To be told again that there's nothing they could do and that I'd have to go to ID.

I told them that ID said to go to Currys and I need it all sorting. The. Was told that only 'James' could do cancellations and that he would not be in until the middle of next week. 

I explained that surely there must be someone else who could do it and I was not prepared to wait as it would then be outside my 14 day return deadline. So I requested to speak to the manager expressing my dissatisfaction to the sales guy. 

Anyway surprisingly out of nowhere, there were members of staff who suddenly could do cancellations and within ten minutes I was out of the door with my contract cancelled.

My whole experience of ID mobile has been tarnished with this whole episode of taking out a contract and then not getting iMessage to work, trying unsuccessfully to exchange my handset for something different, then  to getting a replacement SIM to see if that worked which it did. But then to cap it all off there was little to no signal in the area where I work. 

All in all the decision to cancel was easy. I think you do get what you pay for and I tried a cheap network and got the cheap network experience. The fact that you can't just speak to someone in customer services is appalling. 

Finally my journey with ID is over. Just have to port my number over to EE (I won't hold my breath).

Goodbye ID mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jason Tennant,

Sorry to hear about all the issues that you have had.

However I’m glad that the return was processed and this was sorted.

If there is anything that we can help with, please get in touch.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?