Question

Cancling a new Phone & sim monthly order within your cooling of period? ?

• 18 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

Good day all I'm looking to order online a contract phone with unlimited data etc. 

My problem is the handset is a Nothing Phone 2 and they have to be ordered in store or online and there's no where that I can see or use this phone before committing to a contract with IDMobile.

Question 1)

Lets say I've placed a contract order for 24 months with the phone (Nothing Phone 2) and I've paid an upfront cost for the handset £40 and my monthly cost.  Within say 7days of my new contract I decide I don't like the phone and / or the network not reliable at my billing address can I get a full refund as I'm not happy with the device or network service? 

Question 2)

In the return policy I read returns need to be shipped back as new and unopened.

So once again how can I test out the device (Nothing Phone 2) without opening the contents and connecting to the ID mobile network to try out the whole package?  (Bearing in mind no Curry's /PcWorld store has this device in-house for customers to look at and get feel of this device before committing to a contract.

My fare is I'll take out a 2 year unlimited data contract with the Nothing Phone 2 and I don't get a full refund because I'm not happy with it.

Thank you for any feedback 

JK

Title cooling off period 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

Unfortunately we don’t have any physical stores ourselves so wouldn’t have somewhere where you can experience the phone before purchase, you may be able to visit your local Currys store, however they may not have one on display.

If you decide to cancel the contract during your returns period you’ll pay for the time spent on the plan at the monthly line rental cost, nothing more, the upfront cost would be refunded.

We wouldn’t need the contents shipped in new/unopened condition (when ordered online) however we would need all contents you received back to us (except the SIM card, we don’t need that back).

My best advise when ordering online is to do some research about a device your interested in, watch some YouTube videos or if possible find a physical store with one inside to have a little mess around on one.

Tom

Userlevel 4

Hi @JoeKing 

Unfortunately we don’t have any physical stores ourselves so wouldn’t have somewhere where you can experience the phone before purchase, you may be able to visit your local Currys store, however they may not have one on display.

If you decide to cancel the contract during your returns period you’ll pay for the time spent on the plan at the monthly line rental cost, nothing more, the upfront cost would be refunded.

We wouldn’t need the contents shipped in new/unopened condition (when ordered online) however we would need all contents you received back to us (except the SIM card, we don’t need that back).

My best advise when ordering online is to do some research about a device your interested in, watch some YouTube videos or if possible find a physical store with one inside to have a little mess around on one.

Tom

Thank you Tom on your reply  Curry's dont have the phone in-house it's the Nothing Phone 2 I'm after.

Just to clear up the retune part  ( return as new/unopened) so if I open and use the Phone let's say for 6 day's max, and there no damage to the device or Ive just opened and charged the phone to see and use it the phone without connecting to the network would I not get a full refund?

Because one would have to open the package and use the device to see it Im happy withbit etc.. 

Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

The connection to the network is made upon dispatch, not upon first usage of the SIM card, therefore charges begin from that stage. You’d be charged from dispatch through to the time the warehouse team complete the return.

Tom

Userlevel 4

@Tom thank you so much for your help fully understand now. 

Joe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JoeKing 

No worries, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?