Question

Cannot receive Verification Codes

Hi,

After porting my number from Vodafone I cannot receive any Verification Codes. I can still receive other SMS. Can anyone help me with it? I am using an iPhone.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

I have just noticed that the iMessages and FaceTime are not activated. I tried many options offered on this website but none of them worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jazbati 

Sorry to hear you’re not receiving any verification codes, has your port successfully gone over do you know? This’d usually be confirm able with the number having left the previous network and deactivated their services and ours then having the desired number.

For any iMessage issues I’d recommend following the steps below, should the steps not work we unfortunately don’t have any control over Apple’s iMessage systems, only our own which would only concern the SIM itself.

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)  

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)  

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.  

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number  

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)  

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"  

If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed. 

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response.

ive already tried all these tricks but nothing worked for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jazbati 

I’m sorry to hear that, unfortunately there isn’t too much more support we can offer on this as we don’t have any control over Apple’s iMessaging service.

I’d recommend contacting our iD Mobile Live Chat to make sure your number port has gone across correctly, other than make sure it has and suggest the steps above, we’d suggest contacting Apple directly.

I’d also recommend contacting us directly via the Live Chat so that we can look into the Verification Codes issue if the issue persists after the iMessage issue has cleared up.

Tom

Still having the same problems. I reported the issue to IDMobile like 2 weeks ago. A ticket was raised but never received any update from them. I chatted with one of their agents on last Saturday. I was told that the issue has been reported to Three and the problem would be solved within 48 hours. When nothing happened I talked to to their agent again onTuesay and I was told by him that he was leaving a message for the department that deals with these kinds of issues and that I would recieve a call from them within the next 24 hours. Still waiting for that call.

I talked to Apple Support today. They the International SMS has to be activated from the side of your carrier otherwise the iMessage cannot be activated and neither I will receive verification codes.

I just found out that I am not receiving any calls either.

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?

@Tom I have contacted the ID Mobile LIve Chat multiple times in the last 2 weeks. Everz time I am told that the problem will solved within the next 48 hours. I am so much frustrated now that I am thinking about leaving ID.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?

Hey @Jazbati, I used an iPhone when I ported my mobile number to iD.

1. Did you get a new iPhone when you joined iD, or carry on using an existing iPhone? 
  2. Did you start using your iPhone, with the iD SIM card, before the mobile number you wanted to keep was ported to iD (from Vodafone)?

Hi @andewhite Thanks for your response. The number was ported from EE. I’ve got an old iPhone XR and I popped the new ID sim into my XR once the number was ported over. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jazbati,

Have you tried to de-register from iMessage?

You can do this online at https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/.

When another community member (@dylanb) experienced this issue, they found around 2hrs after re-registering, iMessage and FaceTime worked.

Good luck @Jazbati.
🤞 

@andewhite Ive tried many other things, but never tried this option. Let’s see if it works for me. Thanks 

@andewhite  Unfortunately it didnt work for me.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry to hear that @Jazbati.

If I remember correctly, I had a similar activation issue when I upgraded from iPhone 7 to iPhone SE 2020. I think I used the following process to fix things:

1. Turn OFF iMessage & FaceTime.
  2. Sign-out from Apple ID on your iPhone XR.
  3. Turn OFF your iPhone XR.
  4. Go online and sign-in at https://appleid.apple.com.
  5. Remove your iPhone XR device from your Apple ID account and sign-out.
  6. Sign-in at https://www.icloud.com and check your iPhone XR device is not listed.
  7. Turn ON your iPhone XR and sign-in using your Apple ID re-check all the Settings.
  8. Turn ON iMessage & FaceTime if not already on.

Anyway, good luck.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jazbati,

Are you still facing issues here?

If so, we can PM you and get a ticket raised to our TechTeam if needed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?