Question

cant receive OTP messages

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have just switched from Vodafone and I'm not getting important OTP text messages. I tried removing sim card, switching my phone on and off. Phone calls and ordinary txt messages appear to be okay. I have the Apple iPhone 13 . It’s a brand new phone, I’ve checked all the settings and they are fine. It must be a carrier issue. Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

*update

i have turned my mobile off through the night. Same problem this morning.

Can’t receive any OTP messages. This network isn’t fit for purpose if you can’t recieve these messages. Seems a common problem too. Any help much appreciated :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Lj2022,

This issue seems to occur more frequently with number ports from Vodafone to iD for some reason, judging by posts to this forum.

Anyway, the “Not receiving OTP messages” post sounds like a similar problem, which @StuartGlu has solved by re-registering his mobile number with the senders. 

Hope this helps - good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Lj2022

After reading your latest post in the “Not receiving OTP messages” forum topic, I suggest sending iD a private message (PM) using facebook or twitter.

Contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM with a real person.

Messaging in this forum definitely does not happen in real-time, and it’s often several days or more before @iD Mobile read community posts.

Good luck anyway.

Why iD Mobile?