Solved

cant register on ID mobile

• 6 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I am new to id mobile, my new phone has my old number already transferred.  To register with id mobile I put in my own transferred number but it didn't know that (although that's the number on my phone) so I tried to register with the phones original number but it then sends the 8 digit pin to that number . Obviously I don't have that number so I can't retrieve the PIN as I don't have that number,  any idea?

icon

Best answer by Kash 9 October 2023, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps try and register using the number you transferred to iD Mobile @Forest of Dean

The original number is normally shown on your order invoice, and the welcome email from iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for answering.  I did that as well but it sends the verification code to that number,  and so I cant access it. There is no one to phone either, and I cant ask for help because I have to log in, which I cant. Its very frustrating. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Forest of Dean, iD don’t have a telephone support helpline.

You don’t need to login to use the iD online Live Chat, and you can also get assistance by sending iD support a private message using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM.

The support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Forest of Dean

Welcome to the community!

While registering, the verification code will automatically be sent to the mobile number that’s active on your account. If your number port is in the middle of progressing, we’d recommend waiting until the transfer has completed to register.

Has your number transferred over to us yet? 

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Hi

Well my new phone has my transferred number on it. But id mobile register doesn't recognise that number, it will however accept the original number that came with the phone, but then when I use that number, the verification code goes to that number which I have no access to.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps wait of few more days before trying again with the transferred number?

The iD online systems sometimes seem to take 24-48 hours or more to fully catch-up with all the ongoing changes @Forest of Dean.

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Forest of Dean,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Most helpful 

Thank you for answering.  I did that as well but it sends the verification code to that number,  and so I cant access it. There is no one to phone either, and I cant ask for help because I have to log in, which I cant. Its very frustrating. 

Im having the same issue. Did you sort it, if so could you kindly tell me how you managed to do it 

Userlevel 1

Hi someone told me the wrong number will be on my phone in a particular place but I'm so sorry I can't remember where. Look in every place you can think of where the telephone number could be. It's there somewhere. I did try and look back at my old messages but this site doesn't appear to keep your historic personal messages somewhere for you to read.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Amie Newman 

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you still require assistance with this?

If you require our help, please get back to us here and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?