Solved

change from rolling contract

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I moved from 3 to ID on a rolling monthly contract 4 months ago. I'm very happy with their service but need a new handset.

Looking at my account online it says i cannot upgrade for another 18 months. If I take out a new 2 year contract with you for a Samsung S24, is there any way I can keep my same account and more importantly my same number?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 January 2024, 19:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Dann2010, if you buy a new connection instead of an upgrade, the only way of keeping your number is to port out to a cheap PAYG SIM only plan, then port back to the S24 iD contract. 

It’s a faff, and will take several days, but the reward will be a shiny new Galaxy S24 with the number to wanted to keep.

Another wrinkle with this is you’d need to register for another iD account, for the new connection, which would need a unique username (email address) - easily done with an alias if you have a Gmail mailbox. 

🍀

Userlevel 1

Thank you for responding, I was thinking that might be the case but hoping there was an easier route. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dann2010 

I’d recommend the same as the post above from @andewhite, unfortunately we can’t do a number transfer with iD Mobile to iD Mobile, the number would need to come from another network to transfer it into our network.

Thanks for the help here @andewhite.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?