Question

Change of circumstances. What are my options?

• 22 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a contract with ID Mobile which I took out for my mother so she could keep in touch with the family when out and about in the event she had an accident or required assistance.

Sadly, my mother passed away recently and this contract is now surplus to requirements. I have no use for it as I have a contract of my own so I wondered what my options were in regards to the contract?

It still has a while to run so I can’t pay it off in one go but it seems unreasonable to keep paying a contract that serves no purpose until it expires naturally. I’ve tried the Live Chat but it just keeps telling there’s no available agents regardless of the time I try..

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry for your loss @Brizoh71.

Have you tried contacting iD customer support via social media? 

You can message them privately using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM. 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends) - any out-of-hours messages should be picked-up when they’re next on duty. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Brizoh71 

My condolences.

Is the contract in your name?

If so the contract would be treated as yours as you are the account holder, it would continue and run as normal.

If the contract is in your mother’s name, please do let us know so we can get in touch and have the account closed.

Tom