Question

Changing billing details, no login details for the app

• 28 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello I am stuck in an awkward situation with a direct debit for a phone contract for my Mum. 
This was setup last summer, I have little details on how long the contract duration is or anything else, but I expect it will be for another 12 months at least. I have never received any emails etc from ID Mobile, I would assume this is sent to my Mum, so have little details on the contract.

I do not have the ID Mobile app and I believe am unable to create an account without using my Mums phone number (the phone being debited for) - unfortunately relationship with my Mum has recently broken down with me left paying for her phone, so myself simply asking her to change payment details through the app is something I wish to avoid if possible. I would like to transfer payment of the direct debit from my bank account to her’s, is this only possible through the ID app? I believe the contract is in my Mum’s name whilst the direct debit is coming from my bank account. 

Any advice or help appreciated! 

6 replies

Userlevel 4

Only the registered account holder can make changes to their account regardless if your paying the bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Trident49,

Welcome to the Community!

Only the iD Mobile account holder can change the bank details on the account.

However the bill payer can request for the direct debit to be cancelled, however missed/late payments would affect the account holders credit file.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I have lost a contract sim I'm struggling to get in touch with someone to cancel lost sim and send replacement

Userlevel 1

The phone number is 07703493966 I pay 22 pounds a month for my phone and my husbands phone it's his sim that's gone missing need stop old sim and send me another sim card

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have lost a contract sim I'm struggling to get in touch with someone to cancel lost sim and send replacement

Have you tried the iD online Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat, @Pru Nixon

Your husband would need to report the lost SIM himself - for privacy and security reasons, iD will only talk to the account holder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Pru Nixon,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know how you get on, if you require further assistance we can assist you further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?