Solved

charging of a bill before the handset is released

• 14 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

so I would like to sign up to id mobile and order the 13T. the problem is the handset is not in stock until 28/12/23.

if I apply for a contract now will I be charged for the month prior to the arrival of the phone? considering I will not have the phone for over a month, common sense dictates I should not be charged until its arrival where my contract can start properly.

the issue is the site wants payment directly and ID mobiles customer service chat (supposed human) is not helpful or clear about the any of the information I have requested. Just repeating the same stuff from a script and trying to rush me off the chat before I can even read an reply to messages

can someone please give me a clear cut answer?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 14 November 2023, 16:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You don’t start paying the monthly fee until your iD SIM is dispatched @Eljay Lambert

For new customer handset contracts, iD dispatch the SIM and handset together.

To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person”, when using iD Live Chat.

Userlevel 1

ok thank you!  what about the initial payment on the website? is that the 1st payment, in which case it is taken when the phone arrives or do I pay that upfront and then my next payment is the following month after arrival? 

and i was talking about the live chat. extremely unhelpful!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure what initial payment you mean @Eljay Lambert

Looking online at the £25.99/month contract option (to pre-order), once it’s added to the online basket, it shows as follows:

I don’t see anything about an initial payment? 

Userlevel 1

you have been a massive help thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Eljay Lambert,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash