COMPLAINT!!!! I have no data and cannot even complain?

• 5 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I swopped my mobile contract from EE to ID Mobile and am now severely regretting it.

I’ve have not data since 31 Oct, so no apps or internet access unless Il at home connected to my wi-fi.

I flagged the issue via a live chat on 01 Nov and was told it would be resolved within 24 - 48 hrs. It’s now 4 days later and I’ve not heard from anyone, and my data is still not switched on. This is causing massive disruption to my life, but when I go to complain there is no link to a form to compete and the Customer Services phone number doesn’t even ring.

Not good enough, come on guys SORT IT OUT!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gayle21,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Same here. Crap reception.. I am either at home or work and can only get Internet if I stand in my upstairs bedroom at home, nothing at work

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Same here. Crap reception.. I am either at home or work and can only get Internet if I stand in my upstairs bedroom at home, nothing at work

Are you getting a signal in other locations, besides home and work, @Davedarave?

If you’ve got a home Wi-Fi network, and a work Wi-Fi network, have you tried the iD WiFi Calling service, so you can call and text?

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Davedarave 

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with signal, please could you provide the postcode(s) where you’ve been having issues?

Has it always been like this while on iD Mobile or was it okay before and has changed?

Tom

Hi Tom postcodes are Bl4 7tp and bl6 4sa. Always been like this. I used to have ee and voda both worked fine. 

Hi Andy I rarely go anywhere other than work and home dye to age and health 😅  I do have WiFi tho so will look at setting up the calls on that thanks. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom postcodes are Bl4 7tp and bl6 4sa. Always been like this. I used to have ee and voda both worked fine. 

Hi Andy I rarely go anywhere other than work and home dye to age and health 😅  I do have WiFi tho so will look at setting up the calls on that thanks. 

Unfortunately EE and Vodafone use different parts of the radio spectrum allocated for UK mobile networks, than used by Three UK (the iD network partner).

Some service providers have a better signal than others, at a given location, because they’re using different radio frequencies for their services. Seems like EE and Vodafone are better than iD at those two postcodes @Davedarave.  

Perhaps the iD WiFi Calling service will solve the issue at the given postcodes.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Davedarave,

It seems that the level of coverage that you are experiencing is due to work being carried out in the area.

Hopefully once it has completed you should see improvements. You can use the link below and select the network status option to check a specific area.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Kash

Why iD Mobile?