Complaints Process

• 7 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve just had my phone number fraudantly ported to another service provider. Assume my ID Mobile account was hacked. ID Mobile unable/unwilling to do anything and won’t even tell me which service provider my number was ported to!

I’ve just had the same issue and now no longer have access to a number I’ve had for nearly 15 years…!!! 
Beyond pissed with ID Mobile as each time I’ve used the online chat there’s been little or no help and nothing seems to be happening.

Logged a complaint via the complaints email address today and this evening received a response to say that the email address is no longer in use!

can’t call ID Mobile, can’t log a complaint with ID Mobile and online chat is as much use as the proverbial chocolate fire guard

Beyond frustrated - I just want my phone number back

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The iD Mobile network hasn’t been hacked… If your number has been hijacked, then whoever did it had access to your phone, account or knows your personal details and contacted the network and obtained a PAC by speaking to a live chat agent. Given the amount of personal information many people post on this community, it’s not surprising to me that so much fraud is reported on this community forum.

Anyway, iD Mobile won’t have any control over the number once it leaves their network. They will have to contact the gaining network and initiate whatever process is in place to retrieve the number. As you have raised a complaint iD Mobile are aware of your issue and are acting on it. Sadly, this won’t be a quick process! Good luck

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I don’t think he’s been able to lodge his complaint; use social media to send them a message on your issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ah, my apologies, I misread that part...

In that case, @Seanchambers can raise a complaint via the following methods:

Complain to us online

The quickest way to let us know you're not happy is to raise your complaint with us online.

Click on the button below and fill out a simple form. You'll then be asked to give us a few more details just so we can make sure we're speaking to the right person, and then we will ask you for information about your complaint. We will always aim to resolve it with you straight away.

You can have a full record of your conversation emailed to you at the end, which includes the time, date and the name of the person you spoke to.

If we need to spend more time investigating your complaint after our initial conversation, we will need to contact you again, with the aim of reaching a resolution with you. 

CLICK HERE

Our agents are available:

Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm

Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday 9am - 6pm

By Phone

If you would like to register your complaint over the phone, you can contact our Complaints Team on 0800 049 2402.

The advisor will ask for the details of your complaint and will give you a unique complaint reference number and will then aim to resolve your complaint on the call.

For account assistance and other queries which are not complaints, please contact our Live Chat team here or you can find answers through our iD Mobile Community page.

Raising your complaint online is the quickest way to raise your complaint in writing, but you can also post your complaint to, iD Mobile, PO Box 686, Salford M5 0PA

Please include the following information in your letter:

• Your full name
  • Your billing address with postcode
  • Your iD Mobile number
  • You'll also need to include the name of the bank you have your iD Direct Debit with (or your date of birth or the email address you have registered with iD.)
  • Full details of your complaint
  • What you would like us to do to put things right

This information is to help us locate your account and ensure we're speaking to the right person.

We will aim to post a response to your complaint with a resolution within 7 days. Please allow time for postage. If it will take longer than 7 days to resolve, we will still contact you within that time to keep your informed of progress. This may be by call so that we can get things sorted quickly for you but do let us know if you'd prefer us not to call you.

See: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Seanchambers,

We are very sorry to hear about this and we can understand your frustration. 

We have sent you a PM and we will be happy to assist you further there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?