Question

confused over number transfer time

Userlevel 1

Hi- when I ordered my new sim I entered pac code etc into the order. I was asked to choose a transfer date and all dates were greyed out til around 9th May. My new sim has come and I want to transfer my number asap but when I put the details in online in my account it says that there is an error with the information and to try again. I have no clue when my phone number is going to transfer over as some articles say next day, but when I created my ID account online it said it will be on the date I chose. I don’t want to use the new sim number for 2 weeks. How can I get my number transfers asap before the bank holiday? Thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi- when I ordered my new sim I entered pac code etc into the order. I was asked to choose a transfer date and all dates were greyed out til around 9th May. My new sim has come and I want to transfer my number asap but when I put the details in online in my account it says that there is an error with the information and to try again. I have no clue when my phone number is going to transfer over as some articles say next day, but when I created my ID account online it said it will be on the date I chose. I don’t want to use the new sim number for 2 weeks. How can I get my number transfers asap before the bank holiday? Thank you 

I'm the same. First date I could pick was 2nd of May. I'm going to try the online chat today and see if they can help. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Once your PAC is given to iD Mobile, you can’t use it again.

Unfortunately, you’re probably stuck with the date option selected at the time you ordered. 

The number you wanted to keep will carry on working with your old service provider. On the transfer date, your old provider will disable your old SIM, and iD will allocate the number you wanted to keep to your iD SIM.

This transfer is not immediate, and the process can take several hours or more after your old provider’s SIM stops working.

Good luck @missclaret and @CCBloom.

Userlevel 1

Once your PAC is given to iD Mobile, you can’t use it again.

Unfortunately, you’re stuck with the date option selected at the time you ordered. 

The number you wanted to keep will carry on working with your old service provider. On the transfer date, your old provider will disable your old SIM, and iD will allocate the number you wanted to keep to your iD SIM.

This transfer is not immediate, and the process can take several hours or more after your old provider’s SIM stops working.

Good luck @missclaret and @CCBloom.

Thanks @andewhite 

Userlevel 1

Thank you. 

Userlevel 1

This is the same for me. Pretty sure I asked for the transfer to be today, 26 April, but can’t find any confirmation of this on any of the many emails ID have sent me.

Nothing has happened so far. I tried the live chat but after I waited I was directed straight to the post help survey, so no help at all.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is the same for me. Pretty sure I asked for the transfer to be today, 26 April, but can’t find any confirmation of this on any of the many emails ID have sent me.

Nothing has happened so far. I tried the live chat but after I waited I was directed straight to the post help survey, so no help at all.

If you’ve got a record of the PAC given to iD Mobile, for further assistance maybe try contacting iD privately on Facebook (by using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) @Lian. 

The support team work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thanks - will give that a go!

Userlevel 1

So I went on live chat today and the agent has said they can cancel my transfer on 9th May (because I said I wasn’t happy about being billed from 24th April as I’ll be paying 2 contracts) and that they will request it to happen tomorrow….so let’s see…

Userlevel 1

If you’ve got a record of the PAC given to iD Mobile, for further assistance maybe try contacting iD privately on Facebook (by using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) @Lian. 

The support team work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Just want to give a shout out to @andewhitefor this reply and to the facebook team who did get back to me and resolved my query.

In fact I had misremembered switchover date 🙈, it's changed over and all fine.

I do still find it odd that you can't contact idmobile by phone, but facebook response was excellent and hopefully I will never have to contact them again. 😀 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @missclaret,

Has your transfer now completed or are you still having issues?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?