Solved

Continuing to be charged for old contract alongside new contract

• 6 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Recently upgraded phone contract with iD in June. New direct debit set up and being paid. However previous monthly contract / direct debit continues to be debited from my bank account. I was advised at the time the old contract ends/rolls over to the new contract. Looking for old direct debit to be cancelled and refund of over payment. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Tom 7 September 2023, 16:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps you bought a new iD contract in June ‘23 @sheilah -  that would be one explanation for the two concurrent DIRECT DEBIT mandates being active with iD Mobile.

For your reference, this forum article explains the iD Mobile upgrade process.

I was due an upgrade and as I understand from email correspondence that is what happened.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked your bank statements to see if the two DIRECT DEBIT (DD) mandates (for iD) have the same or different references?

The DD reference is the iD account number, so if they’re different you’ve most likely purchased a new contract instead of upgrading.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sheilah 

I’d recommend double checking if this is indeed an upgrade or a new contract, it sounds like it could be a new contract, have you been given a new number?

With an upgrade the payment date would stay the same and the number would stay the same.

Tom

Hello, I've  managed to verify what's happened. Finance still has a few months to run on old phone. New direct debit is data + new phone. At least I have an answer and know what's going on. Thanks for the various replies. S

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sheilah 

No worries, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?