Question

Contract Ending - Unable to pay the 1p to confirm my identify and change my SIM Online. Who can I call?

• 9 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I am told by iD Mobile that my current SIM Plan is ending on the 28th of March.  So, I took the opportunity to change my plan.  I selected the plan I want and ordered it but was told I need to pay 1p to confirm my identity.  I cannot make the payment - I have tried several cards and they all fail.

What number can I call to set this up?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TheKutts, iD Mobile only provide online customer service.

This iD online community isn’t real-time, so it might be several days before iD Mobile even read your post.

You might find it quicker to PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages, or use their Live Chat service (type “talk to a person” once you get connected to avoid the bot).

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM or chat with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi - thanks for responding - the Live Chat does not work - all I get is: - 

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 17940580911744970931

I will try facebook or twitter.

Thanks

Kutts

I cannot find the twitter handle for iD mobile and so have tried Facebook.  I know they are trying to reduce costs but frankly the service is very poor as far as I am concerned.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s strange @TheKutts, I’ve never had a problem using iD’s live chat from a web browser, on a Windows laptop or desktop.

They appear reasonably quick to respond to a PM on facebook and twitter - good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi - thanks for responding - the Live Chat does not work - all I get is: - 

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 17940580911744970931

I will try facebook or twitter.

Thanks

Kutts

Hey @TheKutts  the Twitter handle is @iDMobileUK 

As for the error you are getting, try clearing your browser cookies and cache or accessing via an incognito window or private browsing as it’ll work this way.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?