Coverage in Central London no so good!

• 19 December 2023
  • 5 replies

For the past couple of weeks I have been travelling into central london and finding the mobile network unusable! I have been trying to get coverage on Google maps and its just not working. My wife, at the same time, has a three contract and she is OK.. I need to leave ID I think!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Blokeinlondon 

I’m sorry to hear this, coverage across both an iD Mobile SIM card and a Three UK SIM card should be the same, have you tried resetting your network settings?

Are you using 4G or 5G?

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Tom

I was in W1 regent street. Using any part of your network just to get maps to update my position and work out my route. 4 or 5 G I'm not fussed. Coverage is also poor in east London gallons reach... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Blokeinlondon 

Please could you provide a full postcode so we can check?

Are you able to switch to 4G instead of 5G to see if this helps?

Tom

Ive already told you that I was in W1 Regent street! I walked from there to Piccadilly and over to bond street. You could not be more central in central london! I dont know the full post codes, multiple postcodes, I walked through but its pretty obvious where Central london and Regent street is.

I’ll just take my time and find a new provider. Im on a monthly contract so can dip out anytime. I had two sims with you and I have already cancelled on of them. I’ll port the number once I am sorted..

Anyone here reading this able to let me know what networks are best in London, other than ID or Three direct.. Not interested in staying with them at any price, even if they were free!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Blokeinlondon 

To check a postcode we’d need a full postcode.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re leaving iD Mobile, best of luck with your new network.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?