Solved

CPI + 3.9% adjustment a for SIM only 12 month contract starting December 2022

• 22 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just upgraded my sim only contract to a 12 month plan. My new contract summary states that my monthly costs will be adjusted inline with CPI + 3.9%. But the ID mobile help page says that this only applies to 24 month handset plans? Could someone clarify this please? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 23 December 2022, 12:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The terms & conditions you agree at the time of purchase cover this is section 3 (Duration), and section 12 (Charges).

In your case the minimum period is 12-months.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. But the link to the help and advice page above then states that, "The April 2023 CPI +3.9% adjustment will apply if you've upgraded to or purchased a new iD Mobile 24-month handset plan on or after the 1st of November 2022 & before the 1st of February 2023."?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Plum456, I’d guess that if when you use the CPI link on 01-Apr-2023, and it’s of a similar nature, your 12-month contract might be exempt from the price increase.

Having the online statement gives iD the option of applying the CPI + 3.9% uplift to more customers, should they choose to do so.

I’ve only ever had a SIM only contract with iD Mobile, and in all the years I’ve used iD Mobile they’ve not increased my plan’s monthly cost.

It seems all iD’s current Pay Monthly Phone offers state “CPI changes apply on all plans”.
None of their current SIM Only Deals have this statement.

Most UK mobile networks have a similar CPI (or RPI) + 3.9% contract clause - anyway, good luck @Plum456.

Userlevel 1

Cheers andewhite

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Plum456,

CPI/RPI Increases do not apply to our SIM only plans.

This is only applicable to handset contracts at this moment in time.

Your 12-month SIM only contract should therefore be excluded from this.

We use one set of Terms & Conditions which is why it’s in there instead of separating Terms & Conditions for both SIM only and Handset plans then also keeping older ones listed would just be too confusing.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @Plum456,

CPI/RPI Increases do not apply to our SIM only plans.

This is only applicable to handset contracts at this moment in time.

Your 12-month SIM only contract should therefore be excluded from this.

We use one set of Terms & Conditions which is why it’s in there instead of separating Terms & Conditions for both SIM only and Handset plans then also keeping older ones listed would just be too confusing.

Mohammed

Cheers Mohammed, that's super helpful. Does clicking the thumbs up icon = marking as 'most helpful'?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Cheers Mohammed, that's super helpful. Does clicking the thumbs up icon = marking as 'most helpful'?

Thumbs up icon = Like (the post)

Why iD Mobile?