CPI increae discrepancy on ID website

• 11 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi. So I received a text to say my RPI increase will be effective from April. However I took my co tract out in July 2023 and I signed the contract when it stated I was not going to be affected by this change (no mention of RPI just CPI). I have screenshots of this. I checked the clause as per the text message and ID have changed their terms and conditions without notifying me. How is this right? All of the sudden my monthly cost will increase even though you stated that contracts between June 2022 and November 2022 were not affected.

So basically ID has ripped me off as they stated not affected by CPI but failed to mention RPI will be charged instead. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rufus277,

Welcome to the Community!

On 1st April iD is increasing its monthly line rental prices for existing 24-month customers who purchased their new connection or upgrade up to and including 31st January 2023.

• 24-month customers who purchased between 1st November 2022 and 31st January 2023 will have their line rental increased by CPI +3.9%.
  • 24-monthy customers who purchased between 1st April 2020 and 31st October 2022 will have their line rental increased by RPI

You advised that your contract mentioned that your contract wouldn’t be affected and contracts between June 2022 and November 2022 were not affected. 

Are you able to share a screenshot of this here? You can crop out any information from your contract to hide any personal information.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?