Solved

Create an account with 2 sim cards?

• 31 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Due to me returning 1 new phone and then getting another, both with id, the first turned to a pay as you go but I’d already made an account with it.  Now I have new phone with a contract but can’t make new account or add my new phone to the original account that now has the pay as you go phone on. I tried making a new account but it won’t let me with the same email address and setting up a new email address would be daft, as id know me with my current email address. Any ideas, please?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 31 August 2023, 17:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, you’ve got use a unique email address each time you register for your iD account online @Melody West. Nor can you have multiple SIM cards in the same iD account online.

If you’ve got an Android handset @Melody West, you could use an alias of the Gmail address used with your Android handset. 

If you’ve got an iPhone, your email service provider might allow you to create an alias for the email address you want to use. 
🤞

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, you’ve got use a unique email address each time you register for your iD account online @Melody West. Nor can you have multiple SIM cards in the same iD account online.

If you’ve got an Android handset @Melody West,

If you’ve got an iPhone, your email service provider might allow you to create an alias for the email address you want to use. 
🤞

Thank you for your quick reply.  I don’t understand the bit you could use an alias of the Gmail address used with your Android handset’.  I am an android user.  I have only 1 email account which both the old sim and the new one are attached to.  Sorry, I’m not incredibly tech savvi

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for your quick reply.  I don’t understand the bit you could use an alias of the Gmail address used with your Android handset’.  I am an android user.  I have only 1 email account which both the old sim and the new one are attached to.  Sorry, I’m not incredibly tech savvi

Okay @Melody West, if for example your Android Gmail address was “another@gmail.com”, then the following are 2 aliases allowed by Gmail: 

an.other@gmail.com

a.n.other@gmail.com 

You could use either as a username to register for your new iD account online, and you’d still receive messages sent to these aliases.

Userlevel 1

So, I need to make a new gmail address that’s similar to my current one?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So, I need to make a new gmail address that’s similar to my current one?

No need to make a new Gmail address @Melody West.

If for example your current Android Gmail is “another@gmail.com”, just use “a.n.other@gmail.com” or “an.other@gmail.com” as the username for your new iD account online.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your help.  I am now the proud owner of 2 id mobile accounts :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Melody West 

All iD Mobile plans would require a separate iD Mobile app/website account registered, each app/website account would require a unique username/email address to register.

The above from @andewhite can be a helpful little trick if you don’t have another email address.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?