Solved

data roaming switzerland

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I had capped £4 while having data roaming enabled in France and Switzerland. I increased my cap by another £10 in Switzerland but I had hardly used the data then the capped data was used up in 2 min. I hadn't downloaded anything. Neither Stream video. Literally open chrome to browse some site and it all got used up. 

Whats happening here, could you explain please.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 August 2023, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Ross Grg, iD Mobile charge £1.50 per MB for roaming mobile data in Switzerland.
Wouldn’t take very many megabytes before £10 was used. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ross Grg 

As suggested by @andewhite above MBs of data can be used very quickly, and at £1.50 per MB, you may find your bill cap met quickly with basic internet usage.

Tom

All I did was switch my phone back on after arriving at the airport and the £10 cap was used up. I hadn't even opened chrome! I then had 4 hours of not being able to navigate at all until I found my hotel and got on the WiFi there. If I didn't have the cap would have used £100s within the hour. This seems incompatible with using a mobile to help navigate around the country eg finding train times etc.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Making calls, sending texts and using mobile data isn’t usually a free-of-charge service @Sofi123

Using roaming mobile data outside the iD EU + EEA inclusive roaming destinations is unfortunately charged on a per MB basis.

Why iD Mobile?