Question

Data Usage not Accurate on ID App

• 26 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello, 

Strange one here, I have used around 40GB of data, and I know this due to the iPhone usage, The app will sometimes show a large amount of data, then nothing, and then reset to 50mb or so. 

I have no changed billing cycle just the ID app appears to be showing the wrong usage. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @itsjamielike 

Could you show us a screenshot of what you mean by this? (Blocking any personal info)

It’s possible that you’ve used 40GB of internet in the iPhone usage but a lot of this on Wi-Fi, not actual mobile data.

Tom

My posts don’t appear to be posting so sorry for the delay, 

the app is showing as 600mb , this is a new phone and that 70gb on the cellular data for the past two weeks is much more accurate. 

the I’d app will sometimes show higher amounts of data and then lower it doesn’t appear to be tracking correctly 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are the billing period in the app and the current period on the phone aligned?

Do both these periods start on the same day of the month?

Yeah they are, 

I’m new to ID for the last 2 weeks or so, same cycle on both. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve looked at this “Current Period” value on my iPhone, and my value is huge compared to my actual mobile data usage.

Apparently the “Current period” starts when you tap Reset Statistics, which is at the very bottom of the page in your screenshot of your iPhone’s Mobile Services information.

Maybe use the Reset Statistics option when your next billing period starts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @itsjamielike,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?