Solved

Delays in porting old number

• 26 September 2022
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1

Joined ID mobile 2 weeks ago and requested a PAC to port my old number from 3 mobile.  Have received 2 line rental discounts in recognition that porting has failed in ID Mobile’s service level agreements, but despite chasing progress and raising a formal complaint, ID have still not completed the request.

I’m at a loss as to the delay, or ID Mobile’s reluctant to address the issue with any urgency.  I’m unable to validate banking payments, for personal / workplace banking, my number / old sim has ceased working so unable to retrieve texts / calls.  Anything that requires an OTP or set up with mobile / text validation is unusable - home security, software access, PayPal and others...the list goes on.

Surely ID Mobile know the importance of transferring a mobile number quickly and painlessly?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 September 2022, 12:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s awful @Dudley Smith.

The OFCOM rules say the gaining provider (iD Mobile) is required to get the number port done within 1 working day of accepting the PAC from Three UK.

Waiting over 2 weeks to get your number switched from Three UK is not acceptable.

Perhaps you should ask iD for a PAC, for the number you want to keep, and take your number elsewhere. You should not be penalised for leaving iD early if you use the PAC from iD (for the number you want keep).

Anyway, good luck @Dudley Smith

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite.  I’m very close to trying to take my business and my mobile number elsewhere, but hanging on in case they come good and save me the upheaval of returning the phone etc.  The challenge for me is being patient enough to follow the complaint process, despite patience getting me to this point to begin with 🤨

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck @Dudley Smith - I believe iD Mobile’s complaint process allows 8 weeks to reach a resolution, or deadlock.

Porting numbers between service providers should be like bread-and-butter for a mobile network operator - it’s difficult to understand why it can’t be done according to OFCOM’s timescales, in their rules governing mobile number portability.  

Userlevel 1

And the saga continues - with another day’s line rental credit for failure to switch over.  18 days and counting…

@Dudley Smith is there any updates ? Have they managed to port the number as of yet ? 

Userlevel 1

Nope, not yet!  Also failed to reply in 7 days to acknowledge the complaint, so feeling like a valued customer 😔.

Userlevel 1

having the same problems should have been ported 29th September not done after 2 conversation on chat just get same answer technical are dealing will be done in 48 hrs but its not can't receive any calls or texts from work it's a nightmare 

Userlevel 1

having the same problems should have been ported 29th September not done after 2 conversation on chat just get same answer technical are dealing will be done in 48 hrs but its not can't receive any calls or texts from work it's a nightmare 

Same here - managed to be able to switch across some work apps that note the device type, but banking and anything that requires SMS or OTP codes to the number being ported do not work.  I could move them to the number provided by ID and switch them back, but it causes hassle that I don’t want.

I hope you get your porting issues resolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Same here - managed to be able to switch across some work apps that note the device type, but banking and anything that requires SMS or OTP codes to the number being ported do not work.  I could move them to the number provided by ID and switch them back, but it causes hassle that I don’t want.

I hope you get your porting issues resolved!

Hey @Dudley Smith  and @barrydove 

We’ll shortly send you buth a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issues further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you both there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi My old phone has been cut off but my not ported to my new phone I have no contact with work now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Wayne Durrant,

Sorry to hear that.

What date was your port set to go through?

If it’s due to complete today, this is normal and to allow up to 10PM for the port to complete.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

you will wait in vain for them to port you they keep saying they are dealing with it but day after day nothing happens I've been waiting since the 28th September to be switched but still not happening  sorry to dampen your hopes but idmobile are just not interested in sorting such a simple matter out hope it works out for you 

Userlevel 1

Thanks all working now👍

Userlevel 1

Iam glad about that 

Having the same issues porting my old number over, ready to move to another provider, awful customer service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Nigel,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Are you having issues with all OTP messages or just specific ones?

We’ll be happy to help you out further once you get back to us.

Kash

I am having the exactly the same problem. I moved from 3mobile supplied ID with PAC etc and porting did not take place as promised. I am only on a SIM only plan, so if it is not resolved today, I will request a PAC for my old number and move to a company who can meet their obligations. 

The chat on iD mobile is abysmal, I spent in the region of 4 hours yesterday trying to escalate the problem, and every time I went in had to answer the same questions, the final time I gave them the responses before they asked but this wasn’t good enough as I had to respond line by line, its almost as they are reading off a script!

Like the above I cant approve bank details or credit cards etc, what makes it worse, I am losing potential customers as they can now not contact me

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @joysandsorrows,

Did you manage to get this resolved or have you since left?

If you still need help, we can send a PM to assist you further.

Mohammed

It was resolved, but having to deal with the online chat has been one of the most frustrating times I have had in years when having to discuss an issue with a supplier. For a tele-communications company it is very poor.

Your prices and network are good, but if I knew about the customer support aspect, I honestly would not have joined. Hopefully I won't have to use it again for the length of my contract. Going forward hopefully you will have an actual call centre, considering you sell phones and SIMS it’s unbelievable  you don't.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @joysandsorrows,

We are glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

Regarding the customer service that you received we will certainly take this onboard and we hope that we are able to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?