Question

DEPT COLLECTORS!!!!!

• 14 July 2022
  • 6 replies

I am extremely annoyed at the lack of communication from ID about this matter and how I’ve suddenly after over a month of leaving ID mobile that they’ve decided to pass me onto dept collectors called ‘overdales’ !!! 

i had a contract with ID mobile and I have NEVER missed a single payment . I also on the 6th June paid £282.66 which I was told by numerous people was my exit fee. Before this on the date of 5th May I paid my normal rate of £52.67 ! Never ever missed a payment !!! 

i have not been using this network as I switched to UW the same time as I sent the exit fee on the 6th June so why is it that today I have had dept collectors get in touch with me demanding £50.22 off me and if I don’t pay they are taking legal action against me ? I have over a years worth of bank statements to put forward for this case , I even have a refund from ID mobile for the same amount of what the dept collectors are after? This refund was given to me on the 8th June because I was told by someone on here that I overpaid or to expect a refund !!!! 

what on Earth is going on here ? Why hasn’t ID mobile contacted me themselves ? This has eaten away at my credit score !!! I’m angry and I will be taking this up with citizens advice ! I am not paying back something that was refunded to me because it’s my own money and I haven’t been using this network in over a month !!!!!!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds crazy @cherisewoods.

Did you use a PAC to leave iD and move to another provider?

Unfortunately, if you cancelled your iD Direct Debit (DD) before the final bill, it means your account is passed to a debt collection agency. 

Have received your final bill yet?
If you’ve got your final bill from iD, does it provide any clues about the alleged £50.22 debt?

Anyway, good luck.

Yep so My final bill was for that large exact amount !!! Nothing on there said anything about a £50.22 payment that I’m over due by ? I haven’t had any follow up what so ever . All I know is that I was refunded a £50.22 and now they’re demanding a £50.22 . It’s an absolute joke 

I switched ages ago , and I made sure I paid everything off before cancelling but apparently I’m now being penalised for this . 

Yep used a pac code and I now have the same number with UW . This is literally in shambles . I just want to get rid of this network completely . I have been an extremely loyal customer and cannot work out what has happened here !!! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

From what you say it seems like a cock-up.

I suggest you contact iD using online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

I hope a customer service agent can check your old account and rectify things - the iD agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays (9am - 6pm weekends).

If you use the online chat, you can use any telephone number and be sure to type “speak to an agent” to get in-touch with a human.

You can also privately contact iD for assistance from their facebook page or Twitter page.

Good luck.

The live chat link isn’t working and I really do not have time for automated chat , is there no direct numbers I ring through at all ?? Partly the reason for me switching was extreme poor customer services and no appropriate way of immediately contacting :/ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The live chat link isn’t working and I really do not have time for automated chat , is there no direct numbers I ring through at all ?? Partly the reason for me switching was extreme poor customer services and no appropriate way of immediately contacting :/ 

How strange, just tried the online chat from a browser on my Windows 10 laptop, which fired-up the iD Mobile chat-bot.

Anyway, you could try calling their dedicated payment line on 0333 003 0001, which is a debt settlement phone number, and expedite that way (maybe).

Otherwise, perhaps try getting the iD Complaints Dept. “special number” from the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) - thought you might need an iD complaint reference number for the CAB to give you this number.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?