Solved

Difference between 1, 12 and 24 month plans

• 18 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello. Could someone please clarify whether the data etc. paid for in the twelve month and twenty four month plans is the quota for the whole of that period (12 or 24 months) or the quota for each month?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 September 2023, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @James ds, in all three cases (i.e. 1-month, 12-months, 24-months), the mobile data allowance quoted online is the per monthly allowance/quota. 

Hope that helps.

Thank you Ande. So it sounds/is right that on a 24 month contract I could get 63Gb (unlimited minutes and texts) per month for £9 per month (and 6 months half price) compered to 10Gb per month for £7 or 12Gb/mo for £10/mo (both with unlimited mins and texts) (some of the contracts I have been on over the last few years)? Also because I am a paranoid android sometimes could I ask what would happen (i.e. whether I would be able to cancel or transfer my contract) if my phone went obsolete (like my old Motorola which seemed to commit suicide after a couple of years, so I now have a Samsung which is already almost 3y/o), was stolen or broken or to similar effect during a 12 or 24mo contract please?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

... could I ask what would happen (i.e. whether I would be able to cancel or transfer my contract) if my phone went obsolete (like my old Motorola which seemed to commit suicide after a couple of years, so I now have a Samsung which is already almost 3y/o), was stolen or broken or to similar effect during a 12 or 24mo contract please?

Okay @James ds, if you cancel within the 12 or 24 month minimum term of an iD contract, you’ll have to pay an early termination fee, which is covered in the contract terms & conditions. 

Once a contract minimum term finishes, you’re automatically switched to a rolling 1-month minimum term contract - as per the terms & conditions.

“If your phone has been lost or stolen, you'll still need to complete your contract. We'll need 30-days' notice to cancel your contract.

If you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you might be charged an early cancellation fee. This'll be equivalent to the total of the monthly charges remaining in the minimum term of your agreement.” (https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/lost-and-stolen#:~:text=If%20your%20phone%20has%20been,notice%20to%20cancel%20your%20contract.) Basically then one is sill charged the same if phone is lost, stolen, damaged, or goes obsolete during a contract. 

I also found you said ‘if you'd like to transfer your number from one iD plan to another iD plan, you'll need to transfer your number to another network, then once complete, transfer your number back to iD’ (

) meaning I guess one couldn't transfer a plan to a replacement phone if it did go obsolete or was stolen, lost or broken. Seems a bit unfair.

I also found this about my phone, which does not fill me with confidence:

“so this phone has been pretty much been outdated with software for quite a bit of time it. it did go up into Android 11. which was honestly pretty surprising. it has since been kind of discontinued with software.”’11 Apr 2023

“Support for major OS upgrades for the Galaxy A10 ended with Android 11 back in August, 2021, and the phone has been on life support ever since, only receiving security updates for the most part.”

“GalaxyClub note that Samsung has just ended support for three phones, namely the Galaxy A40, Galaxy A20, and Galaxy A10. They were released in the first half of 2019, which means Samsung ended support after four years. 2 May 2023”

Do you think it would last out another two years?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How old is your handset @James ds

Usually, if you own your handset, which then breaks or becomes obsolete, just pop your iD SIM into another working phone, and carry on using the iD mobile network. 

A replacement iD SIM might be needed if you have to move your iD SIM to another device, and it doesn’t fit in the device’s SIM tray.

Oh OK that's good to know thanks for telling me. It is 3 years old.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@James ds,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash