Solved

Direct Debit on Contract has increased !!

• 22 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

I took out a 2 year contract in Dec 21.

This was for payments of £37.99

Over the last 3 months these have increased to £40.95.

I have received no notification as to why they have increased and is obviously outside of the contract that i signed up to.

Not sure how to get hold of anybody on here and this has probably taken 30 mins, hopefully not wasted time. Also i had to log in via my wifes Facebook account, as said i had incorrect user details, even though i logged in to get my bills etc.

One very frustrated customer

icon

Best answer by andewhite 22 June 2022, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tracy Bromley, your plan is subject to an annual RPI increase - every April.

You’ll have agreed to this when accepting the terms and conditions for your iD Mobile plan.

The latest iD RPI info is online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/retail-price-index.

If you believe iD are wrong, best get real-time assistance using the iD Live Chat service - if it doesn't work on your smartphone, then try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat to iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

One thing though - iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

If you’re happy to wait here, I’m sure iD will read this forum post at some point-in-time.

Anyway, good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tracy Bromley 

To me this does sound like @andewhite has it perfectly! The increase of £2.96 is exactly 7.8% of £37.99, which is how much the RPI rates went up by in April.

RPI rates come into affect every year around April time and will have been agreed to in the terms and conditions of any mobile tariff.

Hope this helps!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?