Solved

Direct debit paid successfully but then returned and account suspended? I had sufficient funds

• 4 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I switched over my direct debit to a new bank account a few days ago. My monthly £8 DD was paid successfully to ID Mobile from the new bank account on 02/11/2022, but it appears that ID Mobile then returned the £8 to me the same day, despite me having plenty of funds in the account. I only found out about this today, when I received a text message to say my account had been suspended for non-payment. I have paid it immediately through the app to reactivate my account, but I am concerned about whether this will impact my credit score. I am always very careful with payments and have never defaulted on anything. It is extremely frustrating not being able to speak to an actual person about this, and I cannot seem to access the live chat function. Can anyone advise please? I am so far very unimpressed with the lack of customer service with ID Mobile, and am likely to move to a different provider as soon as possible. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 4 November 2022, 13:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @HappyHoll, the fact you missed a payment will be noted on your credit file.

When things going wrong it can be very frustrating dealing with iD. Their customer help & support is online only.

IMO the best way of getting support from iD is to contact the iD Mobile social media team using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Good luck @HappyHoll

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite - it is very frustrating, especially when I thought I had followed procedure correctly, and have never made a late payment on anything before. I have spoken to my bank and apparently it is because the payment was taken within 5 days of the new direct debit being set up. Even the lady at the bank didn’t seem to know that could be an issue. She said it shouldn’t affect my credit rating, because I have immediately made the payment manually, but I will be keeping a close eye on my credit score, and will still be trying to contact ID through Facebook as per your suggestion. Many thanks for replying, @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems like a fairly unusual situation @HappyHoll.
I hope you manage to get things sorted out with your direct debit payments and iD Mobile.
🤞

Userlevel 1

Hi again @andewhite, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to reply to me with your advice. I contacted ID Mobile through Facebook Messenger, and they have confirmed that, because the payment was made quickly, there will be no note on my credit file. They should also be checking that the technical issue with the direct debit is resolved, so hopefully next month everything will run smoothly with the payment. Thanks again!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Glad you’ve made progress @HappyHoll.

FYI, when paying monthly by DD, if your scheduled monthly DD payment fails, iD will try using the DD again 5 days later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi again @andewhite, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to reply to me with your advice. I contacted ID Mobile through Facebook Messenger, and they have confirmed that, because the payment was made quickly, there will be no note on my credit file. They should also be checking that the technical issue with the direct debit is resolved, so hopefully next month everything will run smoothly with the payment. Thanks again!

Hello @HappyHoll,

Glad to hear this is all sorted :)

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?