Solved

Do I really have to buy a £5 pay as go from another network to get a 'new customer' deal?

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

All I want to do is buy a new phone on a contract from ID. The best deal is via ID themselves. However I can’t get this as it’s not an upgrade I am offered.

If I buy it as a new customer I cant swap my number. So I either move to a different network or I buy a £5 PAYG sim to jump my number to and then from.

Is it really that ridiculous?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 6 July 2023, 16:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This is how it is on all networks.

Just be aware that you will need to setup a whole new iD Mobile account and that you won’t be able to use your existing email address when registering for said new account.

This is how it is on all networks.

Just be aware that you will need to setup a whole new iD Mobile account and that you won’t be able to use your existing email address when registering for said new account.

It’s been a couple of years I would have thought they would have come to their senses by now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @James Lowes,

Unfortunately we can’t process internal number ports.

Just to advise when purchasing a new contract it would be subject to another credit check.

However you can still look at keeping your number by performing a triangle port.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?