Question

Dodgy sim on new contract but they say its working and it isnt

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

sim not working so cant use app or get codes to log in .already spoke to chat which was a waste of me time but they gave me a ref code 321510393 and asked to wait 48 hours but nothing has happened and still no service and sim is in phone but does not register in phone .phone is good.tried all the usuall stuff and no its not working 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might have a faulty SIM card. 
If it’s a new contract then the SIM should have been supplied already activated.

Maybe worth turning your phone OFF, and removing the SIM card - check it’s not broken or damaged, and make sure there are no fingerprints on the SIM card.

If the problem persists, see if you can try the SIM in another phone, or get a replacement SIM from iD Mobile.

Instead of live chat, you can speak to iD Mobile through their social media presences on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Good luck @Gary Smith. 

Userlevel 1

been through all that and told them it was faulty sim but no .i wish i hadn't bothered now lol

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

been through all that and told them it was faulty sim but no .i wish i hadn't bothered now lol

Okay @Gary Smith, are iD sending you a replacement SIM? 

For new contracts, iD start billing you the day the SIM card was dispatched, whether it’s used or not.

Userlevel 1

new sim on way 

Why iD Mobile?