Solved

Does this service exist?

• 7 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

Unable to contact ID mobile yet again. The chat bot is useless and loops me around saying that all the agents are busy. (I wonder why!).

I really regret switching to ID. I’ve switched several times and never had such problems. First my SIM didn’t arrive so needed to wait two weeks to get the service I signed up for, second the PAC switching seems to take days (other providers seem to do this near instantly). Now I cannot access my account - When I try to register it says the email address is in use (Okay so maybe I have an ancient account?) but then I try password reset and it just loops in error. Try to contact ID and only robots are available. 

Trying here before I call the bank and cancel the DD and switch away.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 7 August 2023, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot re-use an old account. You also cannot re-use the same email address to register a new online account. You will need to use a new email address and register for a new iD Mobile online account.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Excustomer, probably not much consolation in hearing this but I’ve used iD live chat before without any problems.

I think it works best if you type “talk to a person” once you’re connected, to avoid the chat-bot. 

You can also privately talk to iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or Twitter (X) DM.  

I’d suggest leaving your direct debit (DD) to iD alone - stopping the DD just ends the payment method for your iD account, meaning you could miss payments, which would be marked on your credit file.

So you can order with ‘re-used’ email but then not create an account. So I need to create a new email address just to use ID. No thanks. I’ll switch to someone else. 

‘Talk to a person’ etc didn’t work as the bot was overloaded and would not let you even queue. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So I need to create a new email address just to use ID.

To register for a new online account to view your bills etc, yes. Stupid I know! They probably do this to try and force their customers to Upgrade rather than sign up to new deals, port out and back in.

No thanks. I’ll switch to someone else. 

That’s your choice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Excustomer 

The email address used to make an order would be completely separate to the email used to register to the iD Mobile app.

You can use the same email for billing and orders, however the email used to register to the iD Mobile app/website would need to be unique per account.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?