Solved

Error message when updating my Direct Debit

• 18 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I've been trying to change the details on my direct debit for about a week. I keep getting 'Oops something went wrong, try again later'. At first this was every time I try to log in. 

Now that I’ve logged in I am unable to update my Direct Debit. I have changed my bank account. The details are correct but I’m still getting 'Oops something went wrong, try again later'.

After reading other peoples experience - I have tried downloading the app on my phone. Still the same. I have tried updating the app and restarting my phone.

Can someone please help? If I am unable to change my details I wont me able to pay my phone bill.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 18 April 2024, 15:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried doing this online, @DanbyW

Login to your iD account, using a web browser, at https://my.idmobile.co.uk

Otherwise, perhaps contact the iD support team, using the online Live Chat service - the advisers work until 8pm weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Hey! Thanks for the reply.
I was originally trying online before downloading the app. It’s really weird.

I’ve tried contacting through the online chat but it struggles to understand my problem. It initially suggested going back online (and provided a link). I gave up after that. Will it eventually lead to a person?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I’ve tried contacting through the online chat but it struggles to understand my problem. It initially suggested going back online (and provided a link). I gave up after that. Will it eventually lead to a person?

While you’re using the iD Live Chat service, just type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot and speak to an adviser, @DanbyW

There isn’t an iD Mobile telephone support helpline - their help & support is entirely online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DanbyW,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get in touch with someone?

If you still require assistance, please get back to us here and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I managed to get in contact with someone through the online chat. Apparently it’s an ongoing technical issue that has been raised with the technical team. I’m very surprised that I am unable to change my direct debit details any other way than through the app or website.

I’ve been asked to wait 48hours but am unsure if they will be back in touch or if I should wait and try again.

Dan

Userlevel 1

I also don’t know why this has been marked as “Solved” my problem is absolutely not solved... 

Why iD Mobile?