Question

esims for devices like smart watches.

• 13 July 2022
  • 6 replies

I have seen the threads out there about esims not being available on Id mobile and that being because they were not available through three. 

I have seen now that three have rolled out the function of esims for watches. 

How long will we wait until we can get one direct from ID? 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It will likely be another 2 or 3 years before we see eSIMS on any of the MVNO networks.

But what ID have said in the past is that when three roll it out they can and three now support it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

This is iD Mobiles official statement regarding eSIMS…

Will iD Mobile ever support eSIMs?

Promising news! Three, the network that iD Mobile uses to provide customers with coverage, are continuing to upgrade their network to support eSIMs. This means that the Three network will soon be eSIM ready. Once this happens, all that remains is for Three to extend these eSIM network capabilities to iD Mobile.

We don’t have an exact completion date for this (it is an extremely technical project, after all), but keep an eye on the iD Community and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we receive this info.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Actually, reading up on the matter, THREE still do not offer eSIM’s. They only offer an add-on allowing existing customers to use their watch along side their current plan. So yea, couple of years minimum I reckon.

Yes that's the service I want. Just something to run along the current SIM. Not a stand alone esim.

Do you know how it works? It's a little bit more complicated than the regular one. But we should wait a little bit longer to get a hands on it.

Why iD Mobile?