Question

Extremely poor data signal

• 3 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Worst network ever!

Signed a 24 month contract for a new iphone, may as well be carrying a brick in my pocket.

ID mobile has the worst signal quality. Internet speed is very slow everywhere I use my phone, but particularly in London.

I have already tried:

1. Resetting network settings, DID NOT WORK
  2. Using a new SIM, DID NOT WORK

I have got in touch with customer service many times, but problem has not been resolved. Customer service is via chat only which is also awful. I suspect problem with my signal it’s poor network quality from Three, and maybe Three also prioritises bandwidth for their direct users.

I have asked if I can leave the network, but have been told I need to pay off the rest of my contact. This is ridiculous given the service I am being provided does not live up to commitments made.

I will submit a complaint to OFCOM if this is not resolved. And leave negative reviews wherever I can.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound great @atay but, I guess an issue is that none of the UK mobile networks can guarantee network reception will be excellent all the time, and everywhere you go.

The terms & conditions might allow you to leave if you can demonstrate this is a persistent problem over a period of time but, you’re new to iD Mobile and won’t have a typical usage history yet.

Most of this is covered in section 4 of the pay monthly terms & conditions.

Userlevel 1

I’m not asking for excellent all the time, all I would like is functional most of the time. At the moment it’s extremely poor all the time.

how can I prove poor signal? And for how long do I need to do this?

thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think it’ll take a few months of using your phone, in London particularly, to build up your usage history on the iD Mobile network.

Three UK (iD’s network partner) have an active data bandwidth management policy, which probably gets invoked a lot in London and Greater London, due to network congestion, especially during morning & evening rush-hours, and lunchtimes.

Userlevel 1

I’ve had my contract for a good few months,

how can I start a productive conversation with customer support to review my speed and determine whether I can cancel my contract without paying exit fees.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suggest getting in-touch with the iD social media customer support team.

Contact them using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

I think the agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve had my contract for a good few months,

how can I start a productive conversation with customer support to review my speed and determine whether I can cancel my contract without paying exit fees.

Hello @atay,

We don’t guarantee a minimum data speed on our network so this is unlikely something we’d offer.

Coverage speeds can vary based on many different factors such as indoor/outdoor, thickness of calls, distance from the mast etc.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed  

Such a vague response, thank you…

Ofc speeds are not guaranteed, no-one on this topic/ post has said anything to allude this. But I think it would be reasonable to expect mobile data that isn’t very slow or unusable most of the time. Regardless of whether I’m home, at work or out and about.

The question I asked, that @Mohammed did not answer is what next steps I can take, ideally with the aim of leaving my contract.

Thanks @andewhite for being much more helpful than id mobile employees!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@atay,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?