Question

Failed credit check

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

3 days ago I attempted to purchase a contract for a Pixel 8. I already have a contract for sim only with ID Mobile, but upgrading didn’t really seem to be a thing so I just purchased it then was going to cancel the other. I then had an email telling me I failed the credit check. I attempted to repurchase and ensured ALL of my details were correct, and there is no reason for me to fail a credit check. - but it failed again.

I logged a complaint and they told me 72 hours, which it will have been by tomorrow morning but I have now seen others say they were never contacted with regards to their complaints so this has led me to become concerned.

Rather disappointingly, even if they did contact me to resolve it in the morning, the phone I chose which was ‘1 day delivery’ is now stated to be available for the end of NEXT MONTH. 

Can anyone offer any advice on how to get this sorted? Is it likely anyone from the complaints team will actually contact me?

I’m extremely disappointed as a current customer, and if this isn’t resolved promptly I will just have to go elsewhere and never touch ID again. 

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ArctiqFox,

Welcome to the Community!

Credit checks are based on multiple points and we can’t provide a specific reason for it failing.

Further to this if a credit check has already been declined any subsequent credit checks are likely to fail.

We would advise trying again after 90 days.

If you still haven’t heard back from the Complaints Team, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash They tried to contact me after the deal had already ended, so I bought it from EE instead. I will not be trying again and do not plan on ever attempting to purchase from iD Mobile again. Thanks for your response, anyway. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ArctiqFox,

Sorry to hear that.

If there is anything that you require assistance with, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?