Question

faulty number

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

My number was transferred across from Vodafone. However when I text certain people it's showing from my allocated number from ID Mobile. The strange thing is it's only certain people not everyone. I'm really confused. They try to reply to text but can't. They have to send a text to my actual transferred number. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is a common problem if you’re using iMessage on iPhone, or RCS messaging on Android.

It usually occurs if you’ve used your handset and new iD SIM card together BEFORE your number has been transferred to iD Mobile.
If this happens, Apple and Google register the handset device as being linked to the number initially allocated by iD Mobile for your SIM card.

The quick fix is to turn off iMessage, or “Chat features” (RCS messaging on Android), so text messages are sent using SMS alone. 

The following community FAQ has some tips for fixing the problem.

Good luck @Andrew84

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew84,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance, please get back to us.

Kash

Hi Kash 

I managed to get it sorted the other day. I like colleague gave me the the answer. I had to deregister my number from Google then re-enable it with my transferred number. Done through message settings 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Andrew84 

Glad to hear you’ve got that sorted, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?