Question

Faulty Return - Cancellation Mistake

• 9 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I joined ID Mobile last week taking my number from 02, and taking a new phone and plan. Within 3 days the handset broke.

The complaints team raised a faulty return and asked me to return the device and equipment. I was told I could exchange directly or for a different device and once the damaged item was returned I would get a call to agree delivery of a replacement.

I didn't receive a call and ID Mobile cancelled my agreement instead in error. I have now been told that this can't be reinstated and I have lost my number that I ported over from 02 and have had for over 20years. Is there a way around this mess? Nobody within the complaints team seems intreested or willing to help.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your disconnection was within the last 60-days, you should be able to get a PAC for the number you want to keep @liam crichlow.

You’ll need to refer the iD staff to the following community topic: 

Where @Mohammed, from iD Mobile posted, the following: 

Perhaps reach-out to iD customer service privately using Facebook Messenger or by X (Twitter) DM.

sorry, the issue was that I didn't want to cancel I had been told I would revcieve a replacement handset. Now if I take another ID Mobile contract they have said that I can't keep my number as they can't do an "internal port"

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @liam crichlow, iD can’t / won’t transfer a number from one iD account to another iD account.

You would need to do what is sometimes called a triangle port. This involves switching the number you want to keep to another service provider, and then switching back to iD, to the iD account you plan to use going forward.

1. Purchase a cheap PAYG plan with another provider.
  2. Use a PAC to transfer iD number you want to keep to the cheap PAYG plan.
  3. Wait a few days and make sure number works with the cheap PAYG plan. 
  4. Get another PAC, and transfer the number you want to keep, over to the ID contract you plan to keep.

The whole process is a faff, and takes several days or more, but you’ll keep your over 20-years mobile number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @liam crichlow,

I hope that @andewhite answered your question.

If you require further assistance, please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Hi @Kash ,

This advice is what I have managed to establish but as per Andres message it's a big pain to go through all this just because ID Mobile made a mistake processing my return. I have been waiting for a long time to hear back from the complaints team to discuss my issue but despite having a 72 hour SLA, I havent recieved a call. 

I am waiting for a response until deciding my next step and I am therefore without a phone whilst this happens hence my need for some urgency.

@Kash Hi, 

So after waiting a week for a call back to resolve my issue, I finally received a call yesterday at 17.40. unfortunately I was picking my daughter up from nursery and wasn't able to to answer. They left a voicemail which I am unable to access because my line has been mistakenly cut off and inreang straight back but was on hold for 45mins with no answer. I've been on hold again this morning for an hour and the customer services team have said they are unable to help me and are unable to contact me with the department that called me last night. 

This is getting absolutely rediculous! I'm fed up of this situation and just want to get it resolved. it's unacceptable that I can't speak to the team that can resolve my complaint even when they have attempted to contact me. I have spent the over 8 hours on the phone to ID Mobile in the last week and still in no closer to a resolution. I wish I had never joined the network from 02. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @liam crichlow,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?