Question

final bill

• 21 August 2023
  • 4 replies

My contract ends on the 20th of September. I have asked for the pack code to transfer to another network which I have received However, my final bill has said it is£56.75 why when I am not cancelling early I am leaving within the last month of my contract which is £28.10 a month . Why is it not £28.10? Its more than double? Why am I paying for another month I won't be using  nor in contact  for?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Kelly Bourne, you don’t have a fixed term contract with iD. 

You probably bought a 24-month minimum term contract, which ends on 20-Sep-2023. 

To leave iD before the minimum term ends, you’ll need to pay the contract early termination fee. 

Text “INFO” to 85075 to find out the early termination fee whenever cancelling within the contract minimum term. 
🤞

So If I get a new pac code and use it after 20th September not x day before I won't get charged a whole extra month just a couple of days it takes to transfer over or will I still get charged a whole month again if gone into the next new month out of contract 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So If I get a new pac code and use it after 20th September not x day before I won't get charged a whole extra month just a couple of days it takes to transfer over or will I still get charged a whole month again if gone into the next new month out of contract 

Okay @Kelly Bourne, because pay monthly is always paid in advance you’ll be charged £28.10, but will get a refund of any credit from your closed account, which is shown in your final bill.

So, if you’re disconnected a couple of days into a new billing period, you’ll get a refund for the days of the month you weren’t connected to iD Mobile, on the following billing cycle. 

iD Mobile advise you to leave your Direct Debit open, because they need to issue your final bill – that includes line rental, any out-of-plan charges incurred up to the point of disconnection, and if applicable the early cancellation fee. 

If you’re not disconnected in the minimum term, and haven’t got any out-of-plan charges, your final bill should show you’re due a refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kelly Bourne 

The final termination fee is just a summary of the bills left to pay on the plan, if you leave early you’ll be sent a final bill to confirm the absolute amount you’d owe for leaving before the contracted term has ended.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?