Question

fraud- complaint

I have reported fraud nearly 4 months ago and I received a letter on the 10th august confirming it was fraud and they have accepted it as a loss themselves as a fraudulent case. 
but it still shows on my credit account. I have logged 3 claims to get it removed through equifax. Everytime equifax have contacted I.d they write back stating they won’t remove it. It is now affecting my mortgage renewal and I am getting refused a mortgage, and i don’t have thousands in the bank to pay it off😳 what am I to do?

I’ve been through the chat online and 4 of the agents left because they can’t be bothered to deal with my query

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Why don’t Equifax accept the judgement that you were the victim of fraud @Victoria g

They have to confirm it with the company, which is I.d

And I.d are telling them not to remove it from my searches. So they can only go with what the company says themselves 

Even though I have sent them the letter they sent me confirming it’s fraud. 🤷‍♀️

Its getting beyond a joke now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have iD Mobile seen the letter that confirms you’re the victim of fraud?

If not, maybe when they have seen the judgement, perhaps they’ll agree to waive the debt iD have registered against your identity @Victoria g

I would have thought that they were the ones who had sent the letter in the 1st place. I have 4 mobiles taken out in my name in one day, and Tesco have cleared the searches within a few weeks. O2 and I.d have taken over 4 months now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like Tesco Mobile provides excellent customer service.
It seems, based on your experience, O2 and iD Mobile don’t offer excellent customer service.

100% they don’t. Doesn’t help the fact neither of them communicate 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess the challenge is finding the best way to reach out to iD customer service. 

This is sometimes difficult, when dealing with a no frills business like iD Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Victoria g,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you haven’t been able to get through to anybody.

If you still require assistance, you can let us know here and we will PM you.

Kash

Hello

Unfortunately I haven’t. No one seems to answer my question regarding getting the searches removed. I’m having to go through complaints to try and even get a reply 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Victoria g,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?